MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion

Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion What's hot in the industry. General information about factory knives and mid-tech knife products are discussed in here. Tips, maintenance and modifications also... come on in!

Old 08-05-2005, 02:34 AM
Registered

Talking value of original cold steel recon tanto fixed blade

i recently traded into an original 1980's original cold steel recon tanto fixed blade.
the knife is new but does not have an original scabbard. it does have a very nice custom leather scabbard that fits the blade well and loks good as well as a production leather scabbard that fits the blade "ok" but is much more heavier made than the custom.
the recon tanto has a "matt" finish to the blade and the brass pomer and guard are also a "matt" finish. the blade is marked with "cold steel recon tanto " on one side and " made in USA" on the other . it is very lightly marked ..not engraved but it is legible.. can anyone give me and idea as to the value of this blade? the knife has NO marks or wear at all and is new. i can e-mail a pic
thanx in advance
john in houston'
e-mail is badasjon1@msn.com

Last edited by badassjon; 08-05-2005 at 02:50 AM. Reason: tried to add pic
Old 09-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Registered

Question Value of Old CS Recon Tanto

Good question, Jon: I would like to know as well. I ran across one a few years ago that was supposedly one of the first types of Recon Tanto. It came in a black box as opposed to the current blue one, had a 5" bead-blasted blade & kraton handle. The guard & pommel were brass. The ricasso was stamped "Recon Tanto" & "Made in USA" on the port side & "Cold Steel Ventura CA" on the starboard side. Sheat was black leather with a wraparound snap closure.
I still have it & have been curious as to value for a long time. Did you ever get an answer as to the value of yours (outside of this forum)?

Tags
blade, fixed blade, hunting knife, knife