MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Trade Report

The Trade Report This forum is for posting comments on your transactions with Knife Network members. Good comments can go a long, long way ... and so can bad. This board will be tightly monitored. Please keep on topic.

Old 03-14-2005, 11:02 AM

Unhappy never will understand him

It will always befuddle me,how talented steve corkum is at making knives, however he scores an f at the way he treats his customers. His work is impeccable, if only he would take care of his business the same way.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Skilled

Send a message via MSN to chrisinbeav Send a message via Yahoo to chrisinbeav
Umm...

This probably wasn't the best place to post this! :confused:

If you are having a problem with a particular knife maker, you need to goto them first. Then if there is still no resolution, try other people. But do it in a more discreet maner! Such as a one-on-one basis via email or phone call.

We are not here to publicly bash people!

Chris Nilluka
Old 03-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Living Legend

Send a message via ICQ to BrB Send a message via MSN to BrB
Gerald,

Chris is right. I understand you might have your reasons but as I can see you have one single post, this thread, and it looks like you have just joined this group to do that.

Chris has given you a tip, and if everything else fails, then I guess you will have to right to say what you want out loud... but this will also give you the duty to listen what others will have to say about that too.

Think it through mate and if you really mean to do something constructive around here, please be wellcome.

-------------------------------------------
Pesquise posts antigos antes de perguntar:
Use CKD Search
? mais r?pido e f?cil!
Old 03-14-2005, 01:21 PM

no trouble

I have no problem with what others have to say, as this is still a free country. the only problem I have, is that all avenues have been exhausted. Steve doesnt have an e-mail address and the phone is useless , because he keeps telling me that he will start sending my knives the next week. This has been going on for 5 years, and that is why I feel like i should voice my opion, and if it makes someone uncomfortable ,sometimes the truth hurts. One final word, if there is anyone out there, thinks that i am to harsh they need to see what other people have to in the other forums. I have lost 6 to 8 thou, which can cause anyone to disgruntled.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:41 PM

Hi Gerald,

I understand your frustrations and I have read your notes, as well as others concerning this maker on the other forums.

Fortunately, we decided we have no need for a forum where we can vent like this--whether justified or not. It's just not part of the Knife Network philosophy at present.

I hope for you to get some resolve to your personal dilema. Until you do please hold off further comments. In the meanwhile I wish you good reading and discussion amongst our membership.

Thanks,

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 03-14-2005, 01:49 PM

Thanks, Coop, I appreciate your words. One thing , do you know if there is a maker still out whose name is Fred Baker. His knives had the words "baker heavy duty forged on the tang. thanks,Gerald.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:04 PM

Hi Gerald,

I just did a Google search and came up with a 'Fred Baker Firearms' site. here is the link:

http://www.fbfguns.com/index.php

Probably the same folks. You can email them from there.

Hope this helps!

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 03-14-2005, 02:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to J.Arthur Loose Send a message via Yahoo to J.Arthur Loose
Thanks Coop.

jloose.com

Old 03-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Founding Member *Sys_Admin*

Actually, we do have a forum here for both praise and complaints regarding transactions with Knife Network members. It's called The Trade Report.

You guys may not have even known about it. It doesn't get a lot of traffic apparently. Probably because many don't venture outside this little group of forums.

The Trade Report is part of our Knife and Supply :: For-Sale Forums. There have not been any posts there this year. In fact, since it opened there have only been three posts made there -- two were praise for good transactions and one was VERY bad.

####

Anyway, I have no idea if Steve Corkum is a member here or not. Do you guys want me to move it over to The Trade Report, or would you prefer to just let it die? If he was a member here then that would be the place to post.

For the record, based on what I've heard and read in the last year or two, Gerald's comments are not unfounded. If anyone wants to read what others have said, you can check the links listed below which I randomly picked. They are in "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" forums at BladeForums. Bring along a sack lunch. It will take a while. One of these threads alone has 73 replies.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...ghlight=corkum

I do not know Steve personally, and have had no dealings with him. Ya'll let me know if you want me to move thread or just forget it.

####

[ EDIT ]

Oh yeah, welcome to the forums Gerald.

[/ EDIT ]

Click the banner above to visit my website

Last edited by Terry Primos; 03-14-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to J.Arthur Loose Send a message via Yahoo to J.Arthur Loose
Why don't you move it, Terry?

As long as no one gets personally insulting or unfairly maligns someone without first attempting to resolve things elsewhere, there should be a place to try and let folks know what is going on...

jloose.com

Old 03-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Founding Member *Sys_Admin*

Will do Jonathan. I understand and agree completely that we want to keep this little corner of our world as peaceful as possible.

By-the-way, this is your forum so you have the necessary authority level to move threads from here to any forum that you deem appropriate as well. I just offered to do it as courtesy. I'm not trying to take over. In here, you're the boss man.

I'll move it and leave a redirect behind. That way anyone who see's the topic in here for the next little bit can view the thread (at it's new location), but new replies won't bring it to the top here. It will start moving down the list.

Click the banner above to visit my website
Old 03-14-2005, 08:58 PM

Well I'll be ####ed...! Nope, I didn't remember that at all. Just goes to show ya'....

Thanks, Terry.

Coop

Old 03-15-2005, 06:56 AM

A word about keeping knives in sheaths

I really really like kydex sheaths, as they pffer probably the best protection for the fixed blade, However, I would still prefer tl try and wipe them off once a a day. I have had several get a little rust on them, but this was due to me leaving them in too long. If the rust is a heavy spot, it takes a lot more work to get it off, however it will almost always leave a spot. For protection, it can.t be beat.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:57 PM

Steve Corkum is nothing more than a thief. His willingness to take a deposit or full payment for a knife and never make the knife is well documented....For Several Years.

Steve is the poster child for why you never give a maker a deposit (with the 3 exceptions).

A thread gets started on Blade Fourms (Good, Bad and the Ugly) about every 2 months, by yet another person Corkum has ripped off.

Note, this is not bashing, it is stating facts. Corkum has been given more than enough chances to either refund the money or make the knife. He chooses neither.

As a full time custom knife professional I don't need an individual like this in my business.

One of the smartest things I have done in the last 5 years was tell Steve no when he asked me to be his dealer.

As every dealer he has ever worked with he owes money to as well.

Boys and girls don't cover for this "Maker" let potential buyers know the peril they headed for.

www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com

Tags
blade, fixed blade, forge, hunting knife, knife, knives