MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum

The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum The materials, techniques and the designing of folding knives.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:25 PM
Registered

Exclamation Switchblade Identification

Does anyone know where I can buy this blue switchblade?
Old 03-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Registered

A Kershaw. Those and Benchmade are made here in Oregon - Kershaws are assisted-open knives, normally - with a "flipper" switch - Oregon law prohibits "automatic" or "gravity-open" knives, but some lawyers (Iwork in the judicial community) have told me that a possible legal defense to getting caught with one of these Kershaw flipper knives could be that the opening mechanism is actually part of the blade itself - kinda like the thumb stud-opening knives. You can write to these companies, but Andy & Bax, an Army/Navy surplus store in Portland has lots of them, both brands. (Hector)
Old 03-05-2017, 01:55 AM

Automatic and assisted opening knives are perfectly legal in Oregon.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Guru

Ya know guys don't get me wrong I think all knives should be legal or at least the way they open should not be the issue....I can see a problem with a guy running around with a katana on his hip (especially in a city) BUT its funny "auto and gravity are illegal here in NY too) BUT not spring assisted or even bearing flippers. Now like I said I think they should all be illegal BUT if a auto is illegal then really so should be a spring assist and a bearing flipper, The only difference is the "MECHANISM" that is used, in reality they do the same thing just a different way............Oh also guys its my first time posing on the switchblade section I THINK but I have been active in the newbies section for a couple years..............-Dave

Tags
army, assisted, auto, automatic, bearing, bee, benchmade, blade, buy, first time, flipper, identification, katana, kershaw, knife, knives, mechanism, problem, store, switch, switchblade