MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Custom Projects

Custom Projects A place to meet for special project threads.

Old 11-07-2015, 03:37 AM

Mini Bear Sub Hilt

Blade Length: 3 3/4 inches Overall Length: 6 3/4 inches
Closed Length: Fixed Blade Sheath/Case: Leather Sheath

Blade Steel: RWL-34
Bolster/Guard: RWL-34
Handle Material: Presentation Grade Fossil Mammoth

Comments: This fine Loveless Style Mini Bear Sub-hilt is by talented Italian knife maker Angelo Scotti. A part-time maker who is an electronic technician for IBM, Angelo specializes in fully integral fighting and hunting knives.

While in France on a business trip with his son in 1992, Angelo had the opportunity to meet and observe French Cutler Baraldini in all stages of producing forged hand-made knives. And although taken by the work, Angelo was looking for something even more perfect and more precise.

That is when he discovered the knives of Dietmar Kressler. These knives were clean, elegant and flawlessly made, and that gave Angelo the direction he needed. In fact he was so taken with Kressler knives that he went to Germany and spent some time with the man himself - the maker of the world's finest Integral knives.

When asked about his personal take on custom knife making Angelo says "My approach is entirely based on precision, elegance, passion and the desire to make each knife perfectly functional. In other words, each knife comes with a precise destination. My creativity also leads me to participate in ongoing research into new materials so that I can continue improve my knives, while maintaining the elegance, functionality and accuracy I desire"
Angelo's favorite steels are RWL-34 and N690, and he prefers to use natural handle materials whenever possible. He is a part-time make who makes 15-20 knives a year and delivery time is about 12 months. He is currently a member of the Italian Knife Making Guild and does not travel to America at this time for shows.

This particular model is a fully integral Loveless Style Mini Bear Sub-hilt. It has a flawless satin finish and presentation grade scales of Fossil Walrus. There is also a hand-made Ostrich sheath.Sheath

angelo
Old 11-09-2015, 06:47 AM
Steel Addict

Beautiful!!!
Old 11-09-2015, 08:24 AM

Very nice

Old 11-17-2015, 05:17 AM

Fantastic!

"Lead, Follow or get the heck out of the way"
Old 11-20-2015, 10:25 AM

Lovely!

www.kansasknives.org

"Drawing your knife from its sheath and using it in the presence of others should be an event complete with oos, ahhs, and questions."

Tags
blade, custom, custom knife, custom knife making, fighting, fixed, fixed blade, forged, germany, guard, hunting, hunting knife, hunting knives, knife, knife making, knives, leather, made, making, material, materials, satin finish, scales, sheath, steel