MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Network : Support & Services > Knife Network :: Announcements

Knife Network :: Announcements Latest information about the Knife Network. Site updates, planned maintenance, etc.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Enthusiast

George Herron Award

George Herron Award

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George Herron Award
Branton Knives will be presenting the first annual George Herron award on June 8, 2007 at The Blade Show in Atlanta. This is my way of paying tribute to a great man, mentor and friend for all of the years that he has given me help, hope and inspiration in my knifemaking career as well as life in general. His contributions to the knife world are too many to count. He has helped and encouraged numerous knifemakers throughout his career.
The knife being judged for this award must exhibit the qualities that have been the hallmark of the knives made by "Blade Magazine Cutlery Hall-of-Famer" George Herron for over 40 years.
Examples of what makes a Herron knife stand out from other knives was his clean flowing lines, fit, finish, clean solder joints on his guards, use of quality handle material, and quality sheaths etc.
The judging will take place at The Blade Show in room 110, Friday June 8, 2007.
You will need to bring your knife and business card with your table number to room 110 between 11:00 am and noon. The knives will be judged between noon and 1:00 pm -1:30 pm and need to picked up before 2:00 pm.I want to thank Steve Shackleford at Blade Magazine for helping me make this award possible. If you have any questions or would like to enter your knife for this prestigious award, feel free to contact me at bobby@brantonknives.com or call me at 843-991-0891

Last edited by Bobby Branton; 04-24-2007 at 09:41 AM.

Tags
blade, knife, knives