MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Network : Support & Services > Knife Network :: Announcements

Knife Network :: Announcements Latest information about the Knife Network. Site updates, planned maintenance, etc.

Old 07-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Administrator

BLADE Magazine (Sept 2004) Review Thread

This thread continues the article posted on the main site at http://www.knifenetwork.com/publicat...cation01.shtml

I was surprised to see that Blade hammered the media about Knife Network member, Steven Licata's ordeal. Nice job on that subject by Steve Shackleford, smoking the media for wrong doing a great person.

Other articles and Knife Network member sightings abound. These are discussed in the Magazine and review. The article by Don Guild, concerning Don Bell's work is fantastic. The photos of Don's work are beautiful!

Please use this thread to further discuss this article, or anything we failed to mention. I am trying to come up with a ratings system that we can use to score each magazine on the Knife Network Member Sightings Barometer System, but can not determine how to score it for our members. Perhaps we'll use a voting poll to get the general Knife Network member concensus. It'll be fun to see how our member's are covered throughout time.

I'll tell you one reader's opinion, the advertisements in Blade are excellent. In fact, the quality of the publication as a printed document is first rate. Over time, we'll see how they stack up with other mags. We are now on the subscription list to receive Tactical Knives, American Handgunner, Guns Magazine and will get Knives Illustrated soon. We'll cover them all, eventually!

Opinions welcome ...

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 07-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Guru

This is a neat feature Alex.I have to agree, Blade's overall quality is great and I have been a long time subscriber. I also liked the way they did the article on Steve.Hopefully some mainstreamer's might get the message.

I am also happy to see you cover the members that are in the mag's.Very cool on your part my friend. This place just keeps getting better and better.Thank you.Dave
Old 07-02-2004, 07:25 AM
Registered

Good Job Alex!

Will Fennell
Loosely Associated With Camillus
www.willfennell.com
Old 07-02-2004, 11:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to prometheus
Angry

I think blade did a great job I hope in some part Steven Licata and his family take solice in the fact that he has our support. Also I hope he sues that station for everything it is worth. In my opinion slander should not be tolerated ever. I personally am sick of people who think the only way to control gun/knives is to slander or print liblest things about poeple they know nothing about.

my two cents

William
Old 07-25-2004, 03:41 PM
Skilled

Yes.., terrific of you to highlight that issue Alex. Great job by Steve, and I really enjoyed Dex's article also.

Good to see some of the mainstream cutlery media take on these jerks that write with no thought or knowledge base involved.

"There is no greater wisdom.., than [KINDNESS]"

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"
Old 07-26-2004, 01:03 AM
Administrator

Yes, and Anthony has full blessing to rip a knife to shreads if needed with his reviews, so we're going to press the industry as much as necessary in many ways.

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 08-01-2004, 02:23 AM
Registered

J.D. Smith's Damascus 'article'

Does anyone know of an online source for the CD mentioned in the J.D. Smith Damascus bit? I'm not really into snail-mail communications, and international long distance isn't really my first choice for communications either... Even an e-mail address would be a great help.

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

Last edited by JustDisGuy; 08-01-2004 at 02:25 AM.

Tags
blade, knife, knives