MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 09-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Skilled

1st randall "hunter" building project: delivering the "keys"

Fellow Randall knife freaks,
I just got off of the phone with our proud winner of our 1st Randall building project! His Model #3-5" "Hunter" is going out today. I have emailed pics to both Raindog and 2shot. I hope that someone posts them as this Randall is drop-dead gorgeous! We will probably continue this series of building projects for a limited time, as I feel that they help to give folks an understanding of what "can" and "cannot" be ordered from the Randall shop. This eliminates telephone calls to the shop by some with time-consuming questions. This, in turn, will save valuable shop time and .....besides: Everybody's havin' fun!! Good luck, 2 shot, with your new "user"!! Best, Captain Chris Stanaback

Old 09-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Steel Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Raindog
Here are the pictures that the Captain wanted me to post. He is correct; It is a beautiful knife. It sure makes me a little green.

-gary

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hunter3-5a.JPG (48.7 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg Hunter3-5b.JPG (49.6 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg Hunter3-5c.jpg (49.8 KB, 186 views)

- Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Raindog; 09-20-2005 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Registered

That is one fantastic looking knife, might have to get me one of those one day!
Old 09-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Steel Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to RedElk
Kent, you lucky dog!!
Old 09-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Steel Addict

Friends,

I received the pictures from The Capt. today, and since I'm still in the "dark ages", Raindog posted the picts. Thank you Much Gary!

What is so neat, is that many of you helped "build" this first thread knife. The Capt. told me that it was fantastic looking, and I hope that the pictures due justice.

OK, here goes. I was planning on carrying it this fall deer hunting, but have maybe a second thought ot two after seeing it. Am still leaning that way, but want your advice, since you all helped build it. My thoughts were "Its a Hunter, use it".

I hope that the winner of the 2nd and 3rd knife enjoy theirs, as much as I will enjoy this one!

Kent
Old 09-21-2005, 08:16 AM

Cool Woo Hoo!

Hi Kent!

It looks like you're going to have a real beauty there.

It's a pleasure to know that a whole bunch of us here had a hand in designing it. 0]

My feeling is that if you planned to use the knife, then by all means go ahead and use it. However, if you can't bring yourself to see the first scratch on the blade, then that's okay too. (How's that for letting you make up your own mind?)

Also, I hope you don't get your wish: "The Capt. told me that it was fantastic looking, and I hope that the pictures due justice..." My bet is that no photos will do this Randall justice!

Lastly, thanks again to Captain Chris for making this all possible!

Cheers!

Moosehead

Old 09-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Steel Addict

Kent,
That is one gorgous knife. Congrats on winning it. Since it's a hunter I say use it. Randall's are great to collect but even better to use. Why clean and skin a deer with a 2nd rate knife when you have the perfect knife for the job sitting there. But if you can't stand being the one to get that first scratch on it just send it up to me and I 'll be glad to break it in for you.

Steve
Old 09-21-2005, 09:29 AM
Skilled

Raindog, 2shot, and all others,
Believe me when I tell ya': This Randall is far, far nicer looking than my pics show! 2shot told me that his digital camera skills were less than prefect, or he did not even "have" one ( I don't remember which). Isn't it great to get old?
Anyway: Being as how we all had a hand in building this hunter, I felt we all needed to, at least, "SEE IT"; Even if the pics were rushed just prior to shipping! Thanks to Raindog for posting them up. It's good to have help when you're as computer illiterate as I. Best for now, Captain Chris Stanaback
P.S. I had to edit this to just make one small remark that I had forgotten. ( Isn't it great to get old?). If you don't "use" this Randall "hunter", I just may have to "change" my number pick in the future threads, so as to make "sure" that you never, and I mean, "NEVER" have a fair shot at another Randall "building" project again!! Seriously: You cannot "do" anything to this knife that the Randall shop cannot "fix"!! USE IT!! (and for the "newbies" here, who may not understand my "perceived" sense of humor, I contact the moderators "before" with the winning number). Best, CCS

Last edited by The "Captain"; 09-21-2005 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Skilled

If I do say so myself, we did one heck of a job in designing that rascal and as usual, The good Cap and the Randall Made shop came through like gangbusters. Beautiful knife!

Seussbrother
Old 09-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Enthusiast

Stick the blade in a Brillo pad and twist it. Double check the edge, resharpen if necessary. Put in the sheath and strap it on your pack. Go hunt deer.

Last edited by azgator; 09-21-2005 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Steel Addict

Capt and friends,

I received the 1st thread knife, and it is beautiful. I called Sullivan's Holster shop, to enquire about what kind of material they have on hand, and how long the waiting time is for a custom sheath. Well, to make a short story long ,

I spoke with Greg Gutcher Sr., and he was just working on a croc sheath for a model 3-5. And the orginal purchaser backed out. He wanted to know if I would be interested in a croc sheath. Within a hour I had mailed the new Randall down to him. A SHORT time later (10 days), I had back my new thread knife with a Beautiful Croc sheath. What Service!!

I know ..I know.. we don't have crocs up here in MN, but I think that I will be the only guy with a Randall Hunter in a gorgous croc sheath in the woods in the middle of MN this fall.

Am working on getting a digital camera, so I can take picts and post them.

I am now thinking about getting on Sullivans list for a few more ostrich sheath for a model 7 and 21.

Kent
Old 10-12-2005, 02:08 PM

What a Croc!

Hi Kent!

Well isn't that the Bee's Knees!

Or should I say the Croc's Socks!

Congratulations again for a great knife, and hats off to Greg for letting you have the sheath with no wait!

Cheers!

David

Old 01-11-2006, 11:02 PM

I am aww struck. That is one awsome looking knife. Now I have to find a way to talk my wife into allowing me another one and then the 5 year wait or whatever it is up to now.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Steel Addict

I looked at my 1st thread knife again last night. The red stag is awesome! The balance is perfect. I was just tickled to get picked for the 1st knife. I really do hope that everyone who gets a thread knife will appreciate and enjoy it as much as I do.

When the Cpt. called me and told me that I had won, and that I had 2 to pick from, and one of them was a beautiful Red stag, I couldn't believe it. I picked the red one, and could not of been happier!

If this is what you want, place an order! Their are many dealers that you won't have to wait 4 plus years, and they won't charge you a huge mark-up either!

Kent
RKS#109

Tags
blade, knife