MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 11-10-2014, 10:59 PM
Enthusiast

Big Knife, Little Knife

I like making what I like to make, and sometimes the pendulum swings quickly from one end to the other. Both of these were finished in the last couple of days.

First, a very substantial bowie. This knife is 1080, stock removal from 3/16 stock with a flat grind and convex edge. The blade has a very clean 800 grit hand finish with great grinds and a good tight guard fitup. The guard and butt are satin finished 416 stainless, and the handle is a great Sambar stag taper. Overall length is 11.5" with a 7 inch blade.
Mark side

Back side

Second, a small utility, bird and trout, or desk knife. This knife has a north/south connection. My brother Travis forged this Damascus steel from 1084 and 15n20 while he was on a one year assignment in Canada. He gave me the billet, and I made this knife out of it. The knife has jigged bone handles and double nickel silver bolsters. I was shooting for the old fashioned slipjoint look. The knife is 6.5 inches long with a 2 3/4 blade.

I apologize, these are just Iphone pictures. Cory Martin's going to shoot me a good pic next week on this one.
Mark side
Back side
Very tight! No gaps!

Thanks for looking.
Jason
Old 11-11-2014, 06:47 AM
Steel Addict

Both are really nice. Love the B&T look!

Tags
1084, big knife, billet, blade, bolsters, bone, bowie, damascus, edge, flat, flat grind, forged, grind, guard, hand, handle, iphone, knife, made, make, making, stag, stainless, steel, stock removal