MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Fit & Finish

Fit & Finish Fit and Finish = the difference in "good art" and "fine art." Join in, as we discuss the fine art of finish and embellishment.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:18 PM
Skilled

coined spacer help

If I make a non takedown knife with a coined spacer should I leave the gaps alone or fill them with epoxy? I am leaning towards epoxy so "stuff" won't collect in the voids, but I am worried it will take away from the overall look of the knife
Old 02-02-2015, 08:34 AM
Steel Addict

Personally I think I would go with the epoxy. Once set re-sand and nothing is left but the epoxy in the voids. The outer area of the guard are just as it looks now and there is no voids to catch anything!

With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down !
If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner!

C Craft
Old 02-13-2018, 02:51 AM
Registered

"I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down !" WELL Said. This is not only applicable for knife , but for all the products we do.We need to make sure,to follow all those 3 points for everything we do.
As a writer, write my essay online I read informative books especially motivational ones.You all the 3 thoughts is what everyone think about.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:27 PM
Banned

Indeed, there are several other accents on the creation of the knife of such type.

Tags
books, ca, epoxy, guard, hand, knife, make, mobile, products, sand, spacer