MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum

The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum The materials, techniques and the designing of folding knives.

Old 08-12-2001, 09:19 PM
DC KNIVES

Custom Sheath's

Just curious on how many of you make a sheath or have one made for your folders?Dave
Old 08-13-2001, 06:41 AM
ansoknives

I have not made more tha one folder so far...but! When I start to make them soon on a regular basis I will make a sheath for them all. I am quit sure I will make uscale folders and don?t really like to have clip on those so I will make either a belt or pocket sheath for them.
Old 08-13-2001, 10:38 PM
Frank Niro

Folder sheath

I almost always make a lined leather sheath for my folders. I nail an rectangular shaped knife outline of plywood the thickness of the knife on to a plywood rectangle about 11/4" larger on each side and top and bottom than the plywood outline . Using another piece of plywood usually 3/4" the same size I cut a "U" in it that is say 3/16" wider than the piece used for the knife form. Wet a 8o r 10 oz. piece of leather with hot water and with 3 large clamps press the leather over the knife form with the horseshoe piece of plywood. You can remove the leather from the mold after 30 minutes or so Let the leather dry and then go ahead with the trimming and assembly adding liner material if desired. After the first one the rest will be easy-- easier than making a case for a straight knife. Frank.

Tags
knife, knives