MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 02-13-2002, 04:50 PM
Big DB

My first mini

Got this done this past weekend. I love these kits, this is the 3rd one I have done, I am learning quite a bit as I go.
The handles are Black/Green G10 as is the backstrap, I inletted a bit for the thumb, but I think I will move it forward with more definition on the next one.

Old 02-13-2002, 05:41 PM
SIGGI

Big DB,

Very Nice! I like the multicolor G10.
Gonna have to use some on my next knife.

Good Work!

Bob Sigmon
Old 02-13-2002, 07:11 PM
D A Guertin

D*mn!

How'd you buff everything out like that? I haven't been able to get a clean finish on anything yet...

D.
Old 02-13-2002, 10:50 PM
Coop747

Re: D*mn!

DB,

Wow! You done great! Those polished pieces look fabulous. Nice contours on the handle, as well as great coloring. Everyone is really trying hard on these, and doing fabulous.

I know how nice my DDR-2 walks and talks. Yours too?

Thanks for the view. Nice. I'm very impressed.

Coop
Old 02-13-2002, 11:30 PM
Big DB

I spent a lot of time with the buffer. I use a sewn buff with green rouge, then sewn with white, then loose with white, and finally use a cotton bath towel by hand. It probably takes 2 hours to get one polished out to where I am satisfied. I use a homemade buffer, bench mandrel with my belt sander off one side and the buffing wheels off the other side. The action on these knives is incredible. I'll probably be using this knife for a while. The guys where I work have been great about buying them from me, 3 sold 4 ordered. This was actually an ordered knife, until the guy saw the EVN-41(?) half with the double dyed black/red box elder burl from WSSI. He promptly changed to wanting it instead. I'll hopefully get it finished tomorrow with the exception of new thumb -bob on order. Man, I am long winded...
Thanks all,
Dan
Old 02-14-2002, 12:11 AM
SIGGI

Dan,

Be sure to get pics posted of the EVN-4 before you send it to its new home....It really sounds awsome!

Bob Sigmon
Old 02-15-2002, 10:30 PM
Bill Foote

BigDB, If that's your first, I can't wait to see more. Your mirror finish is nice, great photos, too!
Bfoo
Old 02-16-2002, 12:00 AM
oupa

Shaping the scales.

What method do you use to shape the scales?

Tags
knife, knives