MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2002, 06:54 PM
Martyn

My first knife - be kind ;)

First, sorry about the lousy photograpgy, I'm discovering it's a lot harder than it looks. My camera has done some starange things, you can't see the filework at all, the turquoise stone spacer is almost a whiteout, it's a little more "orange" than IRL and it's picked up a lot of contrast from the bonding agent which is hardly visible at all in normal light - ahwell, lots to learn.

Anyway, the blade is hammer forged, cable damascus, cryo treated and double tempered. I didn't forge it myself, I bought the blank from Gene Osborn and dressed it. It's a beauty. Guard is bronze damascus (a peice Geno gave to me gratis - thanks Gene), bufalo horn spacer, turqoise stone spacer and bookmatched, stabalised Amboyna burl handle slabs. The mosaic pins I made myself, and a nickel silver thong hole.

Be kind, it's my first knife
[Edite: picture updated with some better ones shot in daylight]

Just a word of thanks to everyone in this forum for sharing your knowledge and inspiring me to make my first knife. I've had loads of fun putting it together and I'm sure it wont be my last - I'm already wanting to do another, so I can try out what I've learned from this one. A particular thanks to Gene, for forging the knife, but particularly for being a gentleman. Thanks Geno.

Tags
blade, forging, knife, knives