MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 12-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Skilled

Emergency Knife and Pliers

This is a set that was designed for offshore fishing. There have been times when a life could have been saved if a knife had been on an individual's belt, rather than on a bait table. This was the design requirement: "I want my knife and pliers easy to wear, whether I have on a bathing suit or pants with a belt. I want the pliers easy to access and hard to lose. The knife must always be on my side while I am on the boat". This set is made up of our # 17 in CPM S 30V with G-10 scales. We use stainless or titanium Donmar pliers that are attached to the sheath. The pliers are in a pouch on the front of the knife sheath. We use a belt clip that works great on a belt or just a waist band. The only set that has been lost is one that was knocked off the side of a boat about 60 miles off shore from Charleston SC. The Captain should have had it on. The mate bought the replacement set.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Skilled

Great idea. A marlin spike would be nice as well.

"Live so that your friends can defend you but never have to" - Arnold H. Glascow
Old 12-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Skilled

Hey Harry....... Is this one bound for my buddy, Jack in Alabama? He is filled with anticipation. Super nice guy, and a state representative to boot.

Great looking combo....... hope to see you guys in February.

Robert
Old 12-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Skilled

Robert, I think it is. The name slips my mind at the moment and I'm not at the shop to check. Charlie talked with him today. These things are kind of fun to do, and we have them scattered up and down the coast, from the Keys through the Carolinas. Freshwater fishermen like them as much as salt water fishermen do, but they really shine if you like fishing for King Mackerel.
I hope you can make it to the meeting in February. We are going to have a good time beating up some hot steel on Friday and the Georgia Guild meeting on Saturday. It's is a great bunch of people. Charlie and I are really looking forward to it.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:13 AM
Guru

Great setup Harry, thanks for sharing with us.

See my knives @ knives.caphayes.com

This quote pains me:
-- "Strategically placed blood grooves control blood spray in covert deanimation activities." --
Old 12-15-2006, 11:26 AM

Location: Blairsville--in the beautiful Appalachian mountains of North Georgia.
Harry, you and Charley constantly amaze me. Your combined skills and ability to produce items that are new, innovative, and functional, has no peers. I will try to make it to Statesboro in February, even if it is only to drool on what you display. Enjoy the Holiday season with vim, vigor, and gusto! ---Sandy---

Tags
knife