MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Old 02-14-2002, 06:34 PM
Lamnia Artifex

Florida Tribesmen?

Hello, I am a new forger, in fact I haven't even assembled all my parts yet. But I was wondering if there were any artifex around south west Florida. If so I would love for us to get together and let me learn from you. An existing forge would also help me prepare my own. Making tongs and what not.
Ya'll have a good night, and happy (stupid hallmark) Valentine's Day to you. (Celebrating the day of some catholics beheading, what will they think of next?)
Old 02-14-2002, 10:16 PM
DC KNIVES

Lamnia,Welcome to the CKD.For other forgers or makers in your area check out the FKA site.Dave

www.floridaknifemakers.org/

Old 02-15-2002, 01:25 PM
gthomas

Florida is absolutely stiff with knifemakers, try the Florida Artist Blacksmiths Association also. You'll learn a lot about general forging and also meet a lot of iron craftsmen and knifemakers:

www.blacksmithing.org/index.htm

Guy Thomas
Old 02-15-2002, 08:59 PM
Lamnia Artifex

That is great guys, I knew this was the place to ask. I will go to that other place i a bit, but until then. Thanks for helping me. Man I can't wait to begin forging.
Old 05-02-2002, 11:58 PM
Yodel

SW fl smiths

Im in the SW florida area, right now im goin to USF in Tampa, gonna be putting together a charcoal forge pretty soon I've only done one forged blade, but its the only way I'll do em... grinders.. bleh.
Old 05-03-2002, 07:54 AM
ghostdog

Re: SW fl smiths

Hey Yodel, haven't seen your face before. Welcome. Hope you and Lamnia can get together.

ghostdog
Old 05-03-2002, 10:55 AM
Lamnia Artifex

Re: SW fl smiths

Man, Yodel, that's excellent. Do you mean to say that you go entirely unplugged? Or do you just dislike the stock reduction method? Either way, it'll be great to get together sometime. There might be a big All Tribe get together sometime this year. And if I am lucky, it might just be in southern Florida. Real nice to see new faces hear, especially ones I might see.

Tags
blade, forge, forging, knife