MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:38 AM

A pair of sandbar bowies

I spent a few days this week building up some stock to sell. I present to you my interpation of the bowie knife Jim Bowie used on the sandbar. All accounts of the original knife point towards a heavy guardless butcher knife with a sharpened clip point. These are made from horse hoof rasp, with pirpleheart handles on a full tang. The smaller one is 9.5" long blade. I forgot to get measurments on the larger one.

Rough forged

Heating to do the hardening

Finished

Tags
balisong, blade, bowie, building, butterfly knife, full tang, knife, knives, machete, made, man, tang