MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Master

Bowie's Hammer-In 2012 Official Announcement

I have recently learned that Bowie has set the date for his famous hammerin this year, so clear your calendars:

September 28, 29, and 30.

The list of demonstrators has not been set as of yet, and knowing Bowie it'll be a while, as in we'll know when we get there.

The address is 2918 Ellistown Rd Knoxville TN 37924. If you want to call Bowie and harass him on the phone before the event, his number is 865-660-1569. See you guys there!

No pre-registration needed, just show up and sign in. No admission, just bring something for Iron in the Hat.

This is always a great event.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Skilled

I'm in! If I can make it happen I will be there with bells on. What should I bring for Iron in the hat stuff? I have lots of 1095 cable and a billet of L6 steel. And other stuff. I just don't know what to bring. My girlfriend will be there with me and she's a real treat but I don't want to trade her.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Master

Just about anything goes for the iron-in-the-hat. Steel, wood, tools, finished knives, assorted handcrafts (stuff for the wives/girlfriends is always good!) or whatever you've got lying around that you don't need. That lets your GF off the hook!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Master

Thread bump!

The time is drawing closer by the minute, and it's not too late to make plans to attend. Did I mention it's FREE?

There's always a lot of great people and things there, tailgate sales, a GREAT iron-in-the-hat (I'm putting in a little spike axe this year), and lots of great demonstrations. Show up and learn stuff if you're new (or old!), meet fellow bladesmiths/knifemakers, and generally have a great time!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Guru

Glad you added the "old" part Alan!
I plan to be there also. Max I have not seen you in about 10 years, and Alan not in 3. I'll be the guy that looks YOUNGER than Bowie!!

KempKnives.com

Tags
1095, axe, bee, bowie, demo, hammer, iron, knives, make, steel, tools, wood