MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The S.R. "Steve" Johnson Forum

The S.R. "Steve" Johnson Forum Specialized knife making tips, technique and training for "ultra precision" design work enthusiasts.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2015, 04:10 PM
Enthusiast

You know I have finished the knife except for my mark and sharpening. I am hoping to get my new logo before the Expo and use it instead of my old one. The 416 was most definitely easier to saw, mill and grind but I still had to go high up in grit to get the finish I wanted. It really stumps me. My wife, comforting me as she does says "Well how long has Steve Johnson been making knives?" I say "oh 40 years maybe", she says "there you go". Didn't make me feel better. Ha Ha. If I looked at the finish in the sunlight it looked great, but under the fluorescent lighting I could see the scratch marks. So I went to the higher grits. I would have come back and asked for help, but it has been explained as well as it can be I think. I do like the 416 better. It was easier to work with. I'll try again.

Tags
angle, back, bee, belt, blade, brand, buffer, easy, file, flat, guard, guards, how to, jig, john, knife, knifemaker, making, mirror, post, sand, sharp, stainless steel, steel, surface