MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:41 AM
Steel Addict

Question Anyone close??

Hello all. Being the new year I am trying to take my skill up a level and was wondering if there where any classes or makers close by. Living in eastern Montana you would think their might be couple but haven't found as of yet. Any leads on either of those would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:55 PM
Steel Addict

I'm not all that familiar with eastern Montana, but I do know you have a lot of really impressive makers in your state. I suppose "close" is what it comes down to for classes. If you're willing to travel, you should have a lot of options open. I drove several hours up to Great Falls to take a week class with Ed and it was completely worth the trip. You could look up Montana makers both JS and MS on the ABS website and contact any that may be close to you. You could also get in touch with the Montana Knifemaker's Association and see if there are some close that offer classes. Whatever you do, getting time in an experienced maker's shop is really valuable. Good luck.

Jeremy
Old 01-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Steel Addict

Thank you Jeremy I am going to have to check into those options for sure. hopefully Ed is putting on some classes this year. I saw that i have shane taylor here in town but haven't been able to get into touch with him. Anyways thanks for the information.
Curtis
Old 01-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Master

I'd check with Ed too, Curtis. See if that might work out.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a small knife show/sale at the Quigley shoot in Forsyth. I think in June, but anyways it might be closer to your area. Maybe give you a chance to say hi to a few of the folks out that way.

Take care, Craig
Old 01-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Steel Addict

Thanks for the heads up on the show at the qui glory shoot. I actually live about 45 miles from Forsyth so it wouldn't take much to go and check it out. Plus the shooting is something to marvel at as we'll. again thanks for the info.
Curtis

Tags
abs, bee, knife, knifemaker