MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Enthusiast

Ed you will sure be in my daily prayers bro.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Thanks Everyone!

Well, went to the Rhuematologist yesterday......nothing new.....he examined me head to toe. Asked me about 30 mins worth of questions, and told me there was nothing he could do for me. He said that he's going to include s "strong" recommendation to my Primary Doc that I go to the Mayo Clinic in Rochesterm MN. I'm starting to understand what's going on with all the appts now. I found out that last summer when the Mayo Clinic turned me down, my primary Doc had ONLY sent in information on my gastric issues! And that there wasn't enough evidence from the Mayo's point of view to accept me as a patient.
I go back to see my Primary Doc on the 23rd of this month, and hopefully will have a total of 6 local Docs, who have given their recommendations/justification for sending me to the Mayo. I know I'm gona push as hard as I can for my Primary Doc to get me there, as quickly as we can. This "Nodular Lymphoid Hyperplasis" that I have is a very rare thing, and now all the local Docs are admitting that they have no idea about it, or what to do for it.

At first I was concerned that I might have to miss the Blade Show again if the Mayo Appt comes around that time, but if it does....then that's the way it is. After being in this condition for over a year, nothing is gona take priority over getting this taken care of! As I've said many times before....I just wanna be "me" again, and be able to work from sun up til sundown like I used to.

Again, thanks to all my friends here on the forums for your prayers and your support!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 04-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Steel Addict

What a long road, Ed. I'm sure glad to hear things might be rolling towards the Mayo Clinic where it seems you can get some answers. Will pray for a quick trip with good timing and better answers .

Jeremy
Old 04-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Skilled

Ed

It might be worth asking another doc to review the case your PCP makes before he sends it. I don't think it would be out of line based on his previous submission

Best of luck and hopefully you can get this resolved
Old 04-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Another round of test today.....go into the hospital at 9am this morning for a "Bronchoscopy".....basically they knock me out, and shove a camera down my throat and into my lungs.....suspect I'll be out most of the day. Earlier this week they did another chest CT on me, and said that "spot" on my lungs have increased in size....largest is at 14mm. I also had a echo-cardiogram done, and they say my heart is in good shape.

I can't help but think that all the Docs are just waiting for this thing to turn into cancer before they take any action.
Next Tuesday I go to my Primary Doc, and am going to press hard for getting me to the Mayo. We've been after this thing for over a year now, and I've not gotten any better. Thanks to everyone for your well wishes, and especially your prayers. As things happen, I'll keep everyone posted.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 04-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

This is Cindy. Just wanted to let everyone know that Ed is out and doing well. He's a bit groggy but that's about it. He will keep you posted on the results of this one. We both appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

Old 04-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Skilled

Brother Ed and Sister Cindy I have given your Names to the church for anointing and Prayers , as well as from my family to yours .

Sam

Live and Let Live , Do Not trespass on Life or Me! As we are not so kind or forgiving !
Old 04-20-2013, 06:01 AM
Skilled

Ed, Hope your felling better today. Cindy, thanks for keeping us updated.

God Bless you both
Prayers sent

Bing

Old 04-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Master

Thanks for the update Cindy. Always thinking about you folks.

Craig
Old 04-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Steel Addict

Thanks Cindy for the update. Prayers sent.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Skilled

Hi Ed and Cindy,

Sorry we missed this latest update. We were doing our usual run up to see Sandy's mom and did not get back until late last night. You can count on us to keep up on the prayers for you all.

Dana and Sandy

Tags
abs, art, back, bee, blade, bowie, build, ca, cancer, common, easy, forging, heat, heat treat, home, knife, knives, make, making, military, post, press, project, woods