MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Damascus Forum

The Damascus Forum The art and study of Damascus steel making.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:21 PM
Chris C

How to make a resist

I'm working on my first Damascus knife. In the past, I've always electro-etched my maker's mark on my blades. I don't have a maker's mark punch yet. I'm worried about how to apply my maker's mark on this blade. I see three options. First, I could etch my mark deeply before etching the Damascus. Second is to etch it after etching the Damascus. Third is to use some kind of resist in the shape of my mark, etch the Damascus and then pull the resist and etch my mark in the clear area. In my mind's eye, I think the third option would be the best. However, I have no idea how to make the resist. Here's my maker's mark:

I think it would be best to make an oval slightly larger than the mark but am at a loss as to how to do it.

Last edited by Chris C; 09-21-2020 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-23-2021, 02:53 PM

Hello, I also want to know how to make a resist and someone recommend me this website and told me that over here I can find my answer and I was so happy after finding your post. I hope I will find my answer. When I was looking for the information online regarding how to make a resist, I have found the https://top5writingservices.com/ link in which I can read reviews for different essay writing services on one platform which is really cool idea. Now, I don't have to go to another site to read reviews for an essay writer because my son is not that good at writing essay assignments.

Last edited by MarkJDecker; 05-25-2021 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-23-2021, 04:23 PM
Enthusiast

Resist can be clear nail polish.
Old 05-23-2021, 06:25 PM
Hall of Famer

With the small area that you need to block I would also go with clear nail polish rather than buying a can of resist from an etching supply house. However, a colored nail polish may let you see the area that you are blocking a little better. If you are able to cut your maker's mark into the nail polish you could use the nail polish as a mask for electro engraving. Maybe lay out your mask, cut your maker's mark into it, and then etch the whole blade and remove the mask afterwards.

Doug

Old 06-02-2021, 09:54 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasKennon View Post
My teacher gave me an essay work on How to make a resist and I didn't know a single word about it. I was randomly scrolling over the internet and found ogscapital where you can make the best cannabis growing business plan, I also read their services they are amazing in their work, Thanks for sharing this post with us.
Sure looks like SPAM.

Tags
apply, blade, blades, block, ca, chris, damascus, damascus knife, engraving, etched, etching, how to, knife, make, maker's mark, polish, post, small, spam, supply