MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Heat Treating and Metallurgy

Heat Treating and Metallurgy Discussion of heat treatment and metallurgy in knife making.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:46 PM
Steel Addict

A personal "Thank You"

I just wanted to say publicly to Kevin Cashen, "Thank you so much for everything you have taught me, both directly and indirectly. There are few folks out there who are as knowledgeable as you, can communicate that knowledge as well as you do, and are as kind and humble when doing so. Not only do you routinely answer questions from beginners and pros alike, you do so in a way that is easily understood. You do such a great job at teaching the WHY, as well as the HOW. And you are most correct, when you understand WHY, the HOW comes along naturally. There are a few more words of commendation that I would like to say, but alas I am horrible with communicating such feelings, and this probably isn't the place for it anyway. So, just to say it again.....THANK YOU for ALL your help and education."
Old 09-29-2014, 09:56 PM
Skilled

I think you said that just fine! Makes me want to get to know you and Kevin both...

"We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
To the place where the sidewalk ends." Shel Silverstein
Old 09-29-2014, 10:01 PM
Skilled

+1 with ATalley !!!
Old 09-29-2014, 10:13 PM
Skilled

Stuart has a way to travel, but you guys from Indiana are welcome to stop by the shop for a beer, or tea If you prefer (really, I drink as much fine teas as beer... well maybe not that much) and talk some shop. Stuart your words are too kind and not really necessary, it is actually quite rewarding to try to post only to see that guys such as yourself have things covered so well with good information. It is not so much how much you know as it is how much you want to know, and there are more and more really knowledge hungry folks getting into the knife thing.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Steel Addict

I also need to offer my apologies to the American Bladesmith Society. I have been a visitor on their forum for some time, and decided I needed to register, so that I could post. Well, after looking like an idiot to the administrators a few times, I finally realized the rules.....you have to be a member of the ABS to register and post. Doh....should have paid better attention. Just need to become an ABS member I suppose. I have no idea what that entails, tho. But to the ABS and moderators over there....I'm sorry for trying to bust in!
Old 10-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Skilled

Just send your information along with $60 and you will be a member of the ABS. You can do it right on the ABS website. Let me know if you encounter any problems and I will smooth things out between you and the moderators
Old 10-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Steel Addict

Thanks! I might just need you as consigliere!

Tags
abs, bee, education, forge, knife, post, shop