MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 08-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Skilled

New "old" idea/ antique gold micarta

All concerned,
As ya'll know, I recently changed my ordering policy, per Randall's request, to accept "easier" orders, in order to help the shop get caught up. A maximum of 6 options per Randall knife and no nickel silver collars or caps. Also...A limit of one Randall Bowie or Toothpick, over 8" per year per customer.
Anyway: That's the bad news. The "good" news is that Randall has decided to allow folks to order antique gold micarta with metal spacers!! This helps me, as I had several dozen slated to come out in antique gold with nickel silver collars. I am now able to order these knives with metal spacers, saving the shop time and my customers money!!
I am enclosing, via the able assistance of my huntin' buddy, Crimson Tide, a couple of examples from my collection. I guess these are old "new" option Randalls...or would that be new "old" style Randalls, being as metal spacers were available on the "old" antique stuff!?.<>,!? Curiouser and curiouser... Still: Anyway ya' swing it, the Randall shop needs to be applauded for coming up with a great solution to a problem. Faster shop time, less expensive product to the customer...and it looks fanastic. Again, as in my re-hashed #6-9" thread, these "snapshots" were taken in haste and are posted just to give you folks an idea of what "can" be ordered.
They are a Model #8-4", "Trout & Bird" and a Model #22-4 5/8", "Outdoorsman". Both are stainless, antique gold micarta (Randall shop supplied), nickel silver single hilt, aluminum and black spacers and black "no hone" sheaths. The #8 has a traditional shaped handle with a duralumin butt cap that has been rounded ..wrist thong has been installed! The Model #22 sports the ever-familiar #22-style handle and "crow's beak butt cap, also with a wrist thong! I hope that, through the acceptance of poor and fast pics, you folks can get an idea of what can be accomplished by "thinking" through your order and choosing the right combination of options for that special Randall!! Best, The "Captain"

Last edited by crimsontide; 08-13-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Steel Addict

This is the 6th photo for Cap's post on Antique Gold Micarta Knives or the post above.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cap's Randalls[1]FFF.jpg (47.4 KB, 56 views)

Old 08-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Steel Addict

Your knives are great, Captain! In my case, I never knew metal spacers weren't allowed, so I ordered my knife with them. Somehow it got made and shipped, so I've been enjoying it for quite a while! This is one of my favorite Randall knives.

Mine is a Model # "0-D" Combat Companion. It is very much like your knives: stainless, antique gold micarta (Randall shop supplied), nickel silver single hilt, aluminum and RED spacers and black "no hone" sheath.

I agree with you about what can be accomplished by "thinking" through your order and choosing the right combination of options--mine is so much like yours, it's scary! (great minds think alike, maybe?

-Steve

Last edited by cut_n_run; 08-13-2006 at 07:38 PM. Reason: trying to attach a photo
Old 08-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Skilled

Steve,
I did one very similar to yours a few months ago. It was a "CC" with AGM only it had rh finger grips. I just cannot photo all the stuff that "goes out", but that was one that I probably should have. Nice Randall. Best, Captain Chris Stanaback

Tags
knife, knives