MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > This Old Knife

This Old Knife Here is a little forum dedicated to talking about, but not limited to, vintage and antique knives. Pics and stories of special knives or your favorite patterns are encouraged. No experts here. Just guys chattin about old knives and the legends we hav

Old 03-04-2010, 02:34 AM
Registered

old unidentified knife

sorry no pics, i have an old knife wooden and metal handle large lanyard loop on the butt end with an ice pick on the bottom that folds almost 270 degrees. the metal and the front of the knife is in a spade sort of shape, best part being the blade retracts from inside the handle is about four and a half inch long there is a small "switch" on the top that if is in half position the blade with some effort will slide out. the switch in the forward or rear position locks the blade but wen held at the right point half way between the blade will move freely. the only marking on the blade is a number "5" with a sort of half box over top of it, might have curvature in the sides of the half box. can never find anything about this knife so if someone could shed some light on this that would be great..

thanks all--slim
Old 03-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Steel Addict

Without pics it is going to be nearly impossible to help ID it!

With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down !
If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner!

C Craft
Old 03-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Registered

i have pics now but cant seem them to add them to this thread so i am going to atart a new thread, thanks--dusty
Old 03-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Registered

hey, everytime i try to upload pictures the site tells me i dont have permission to do that yet, i guess it could be cause i am a new member... can i email you the pictures?? if so let me know your addy. thanks

Tags
blade, knife