MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 04-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Master

Shears of Albacete (Spain )

Friends of the forum
Looking for pictures of my works, pictures of the shears of Albacete have appeared (Spain). Although I know that the forum picks up mainly the knives, the shears are part of the cutlery of my city.
I carried out several replicas (reproductions) of old shears of clerkship and believe me that they are as beautiful as the best collection knife.
I show some pictures of old shears and also of a replica (reproduction) carried out by me. If you like the shears I will show you the replicas (reproductions) that have at home.
These shears are of clerkship or desk (to cut paper) their origin is around the XV century and until the XVIII century. Their acme was rather the XVIII one.
Their longitude varies from the 22 cm until the 53 cm; they are shears of big dimensions. they were shears built in iron and with engravings to the strong water ". Their kitchen knives are usually stabbed (dagger form) narrow and with 3 longitudinal planes. their arms are usually a couple of columns balustrades; characteristic it is also some stockings moons of Moorish, called style C ". The engraving covers the whole leaf (kitchen knives) and it takes all type of legends and the owner's name.

A greeting

Montejano
-----------------------------------------------

Amigos del foro
Buscando fotograf?as de mis trabajos, han aparecido fotos de las tijeras de Albacete( Espa?a ) . Aunque s? que el foro recoge principalmente los cuchillos , las tijeras forman parte de la cuchiller?a de mi ciudad.
Realic? varias r?plicas( reproducciones ) de tijeras antiguas de escriban?a y creedme que son tan bonitas como el mejor cuchillo de colecci?n .
Muestro unas fotos de tijeras antiguas y tambi?n de una r?plica ( reproducci?n ) realizada por m? . Si os gustan las tijeras os mostrar? las r?plicas ( reproducciones ) que tengo en casa .
Estas tijeras son de escriban?a o escritorio ( para cortar papel )su origen es alrededor del siglo XV y hasta el siglo XVIII . Su apogeo fue m?s bien el XVIII.
Su longitud var?a desde los 22 cm hasta los 53 cm ; son tijeras de grandes dimensiones .Eran tijeras construidas en hierro y con grabados al " agua fuerte ".Sus cuchillas suelen ser apu?aladas ( forma de pu?al ) estrechas y con 3 planos longitudinales .sus brazos suelen ser una pareja de columnas balaustradas ; caracter?stico es tambi?n unas medias lunas de estilo morisco, llamadas " C ". El grabado cubre toda la hoja ( cuchillas ) y lleva todo tipo de leyendas y el nombre del due?o .

Un saludo

Montejano

Old 04-03-2005, 11:03 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via Yahoo to hammerdownnow
beautiful! Shears fit right in. Thanks for posting them.

Old 04-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Skilled

Amazing.
I would love to see more.

Old 04-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Skilled

Send a message via MSN to chrisinbeav Send a message via Yahoo to chrisinbeav
Montejano my friend,

That is a very interesting set. I guess I never thought that shears would be something to embellish on. They are all pretty amazing. The pair you made are also really nice. Your work is always amazing.

Montejano mi amigo,

Eso es un sistema muy interesante. Conjeturo que I nunca pens? que los esquileos ser?an algo embellecer encendido. Son todos bastante asombrosos. El par que usted hizo es tambi?n realmente agradable. Su trabajo es siempre asombroso.

Chris Nilluka
Old 04-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via Yahoo to hammerdownnow
Montejano, I would like to ask if you have ever seen a pair of shears like these. Scroll to bottom of the page for pics.
Scissor bowie

Last edited by hammerdownnow; 04-03-2005 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Master

Thank you friends for their words.

I have several shears more than my collection, if they are of the interest of the friends of the forum, it could also show them so that they saw them.
Friend Hammerdownnow, I have seen the shears that you indicate me in their message, but he/she had never seen that type of shears. Me alone I know those of seam and those of desk.

A greeting and thank you to participate in my posts.

Montejano

----------------------------

Tengo varias tijeras m?s de mi colecci?n , si son del inter?s de los amigos del foro , las podr?a mostrar tambi?n para que las vieran .
Amigo Hammerdownnow , he visto las tijeras que usted me indica en su mensaje , pero no hab?a visto nunca ese tipo de tijeras . Yo solo conozco las de costura y las de escritorio.

Un saludo y gracias por participar en mis postes .

Montejano
Old 04-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Founding Member / Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Don Cowles
Absolutely beautiful work, as always, my friend!

Don Cowles Custom Knives

Old 04-03-2005, 06:03 PM

I learn something new here almost every day -- beautiful work Montejano, thanks for posting these

Mike

Old 04-04-2005, 01:08 AM
Skilled

Send a message via AIM to sdcb27 Send a message via Yahoo to sdcb27
Incredible, very elegant

http://www.highcountryknives.com
Old 04-04-2005, 03:33 AM
Master

Thank you friends for their words.

The new shears in red bottom, I carried out them and they were rewarded in a competition. The purpose that was sought with the cocncurso, era to encourage the artisans from Spain, to recover the old desk scissor. The competition lasted 4 years and they suppressed it because artisans were not presented. Of the 4 years they rewarded me 3 years and the shears are in the museum of Albacete (Spain) they are very difficult of carrying out and with the exception of the columns balustrades (arms of the scissor) that are lathed; the rest of the scissor is by hand with file and fine mountains. They cut to the perfection and they have great adjustment; carried out in steel inox 440 and perfectly temperate and sharp.

A strong hug to all and especially to my friend Don Cowles.

Montejano

-----------------------------------

Gracias amigos por sus palabras .

Las tijeras nuevas en fondo rojo , las realic? yo y fueron premiadas en un concurso . La finalidad que se pretend?a con el cocncurso , era animar a los artesanos de Espa?a, para recuperar la tijera de escritorio antigua .El concurso dur? 4 a?os y lo suprimieron porque no se presentaban artesanos . De los 4 a?os me premiaron 3 a?os y las tijeras est?n en el museo de Albacete ( Espa?a ) son muy dif?ciles de realizar y con la excepci?n de las columnas balaustradas ( brazos de la tijera ) que est?n torneadas ; el resto de la tijera es a mano con lima y sierras finas . Cortan a la perfecci?n y tienen gran ajuste ; realizadas en acero inox 440 y perfectamente templadas y afiladas .

Un fuerte abrazo a todos y especialmente a mi amigo Don Cowles .

Montejano
Old 04-04-2005, 12:22 PM

Very beautiful, and your reproduction is absolutley stunning. I really admire your work.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:03 AM
Master

Thank you, friend Nelson, for the respect toward my works.

A greeting

Montejano

Tags
knife, knives