MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > The Watering Hole

The Watering Hole Weekends, girlfriends or happenings ... no knife talk allowed!

Old 05-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Guru

ouch

So I'm out in the metal shop in sandals making a giganto oak table for the home office we're setting up. I actually raked most of the shrapnel off the floor and put brand new tape over the chainsaw cuts in the power cords. One of those days where I was already pissed off at some other stuff and not having a good day. After a half hour of trying to brace and clamp one section together with some huge 48" wood calmps, and about the fifth time I had to pick them up off the floor and reglue them, I got pissed off. I shoved everything else off the table, threw the glue bottle then kicked one of the clamps out the front of the shop. After picking up the glue bottle and wood panel sections I noticed a pretty intense burning on my foot. I looked down and couldn't help but notice the blood overflowing out of the sandals. I took a few breaths then finished clamping and gluing another set before going inside and inspecting the damage.

My wife looks at me after I finally told her exactly what I did and says "Is there a moral to this story?" I of course reply "Well hell yeah...you should have got me the mid-sized clamps and work table I wanted for my birthday, but that's ok dear...I forgive you."

She didn't think it was anywhere near as funny as I did. Now the discussion is whether or not I need to go in for stitches. I figure if the band-aids still keep it together overnight, I'm good to go.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

I'm surprised your wife didn't suggest duct tape and superglue. Not only will that stop the bleeding, but then she can repeat her "morals" question as she's ripping off the bandages and see if it's still so d*** funny!

Pipe clamps are the way to go when you have something large.

Kinda late to mention that I guess.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Master

OK, that was really a funny banter with you and the wife but dude take care of that foot!

Pissed off eh? Time to dust off the cannon I think!!!!!!!

Chris
Old 05-18-2007, 07:20 AM
Guru

I was using 48" pipe clamps for some 19" wide items. The clamp weight kept flipping over the piece since I really don't have adequate shop tables for large wood projects and was using the tsmall ablesaw table.

Other than throbbing all night and oozing a bit, it seems to be doing fine...but gangrene takes a while to set from what I hear.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I think that it was false advertising to name those things "tablesaws". It really doesn't double as a table very well at all. And every time I go to cut something, I have to move all the junk piled up on it somewhere else. (Usually to the bandsaw.)

Hey, if you didn't accomplish anything else, you got Chris out of hiding! I thought we were going to have to send out a search party for him!

Old 05-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Hall of Famer

I had a friend who used to say, "Duct tape and 550 cord, that'll fix it right up!"
Old 05-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Steel Addict

What,no pictures?????

Tags
forge