MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Business of Knife Making

The Business of Knife Making A forum dedicated to all aspects of running, managing and legal operational issues relating to the custom knife making and custom knife selling industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2018, 11:41 PM
Master

Dealer fees - ouch!

This is in another industry though it shares a similar feeling to having a fee schedule for another's service. I hope that this does not transition into knives because the feeling is quite souring.

For a good spell this dealer was priced at 20%. I felt this was reasonable and they had a good share of clients that would allow them to sell their goods. They had a decent flow of items that generated revenue. I stopped in to discuss some items and was told that they now are 30%!

The week prior I had some items up FS and there will be that individual that wants to smack you upside the head and basically take the stuff. Not only was I to absorb the PayPal fees, I was to include a discount and shipping for the items. Anyway...

I suspect that the shop wants to get out of that side of the business or they are playing for any 'client/suckers' willing to submit to 30% out of desperation.

Thoughts?

Tags
a, art knife, beginning, blade, ca, collector, custom, custom knife, custom knives, damascus, how to, instruction, knife, knifemaker, knives, lock, make, makers, materials, play, randall, sale, sell, shop