MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Balisong Discussions

Balisong Discussions Customs to productions, discussions about balisongs/butterfly knives, what's the best and how to do those crazy tricks.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:46 PM

Red face Pivot Pins...

Hi Folks; I need replacement pivot pins for my Spyderco Spyderfly, anyone know where I can get some or barring that, what size they are so I can find some replacements. Ive searched the Spderco forum and contacted Spyderco, no luck, they sounded a little paranoid like they thought I was a cop, poor guys, guess I cant blame them. Anyway, any help would be appreciated greatly,
Thanks
blackjack

Old 01-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Enthusiast

I don't have a Spyderfly, but the best place to buy pivots is probably USAknifemkersupply, run by Tracy Mickley (a regular of the forums and a standup guy). Knifekits.com also has pivots (or any of the other supply places.)

Can you post a picture of the pivots? Can you measure them? Standard sizes are 1/8, 3/16 and 1/4", I would guess that the Spyderfly uses 1/8" but I have no way of knowing that for certain...
Old 09-15-2016, 08:38 PM
Registered

Alright so can someone please help me I've looked everywhere for help but haven't really found any. I recently bought a trainer balisong off of eBay and it came from Georgia and it said it was a benchmade(which I doubt) but I've been playing with it constantly today and yesterday and today I noticed the pins where the handle meets the blade are coming loose and I have no idea how to tighten them or replace them can someone tell me what to do?

Tags
balisong, bee, benchmade, blade, butterfly knife, handle, how to, knife, pins