MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > This Old Knife

This Old Knife Here is a little forum dedicated to talking about, but not limited to, vintage and antique knives. Pics and stories of special knives or your favorite patterns are encouraged. No experts here. Just guys chattin about old knives and the legends we hav

Old 01-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Registered

Lever Lock Shell puller

Hello everyone.

I must say that this forum is very impressive. There are so many wonderful bladesmiths here, and the website design is fantastic. I'm happy to have come across this community.

I have decided, through my love of automatic knives, that I will start to collect them, and this site looks as good a place as any to start to get some information on places to look. Ihave decided that the first knife that I want to seek out (Or have made) is the Lever lock Shell Puller that was featured in the film "The Outsiders" and used by the character johnny. I have seen some shell pullers available online, but their quality is terrible, and most that I have seen have the hunting style point blade, and I am looking for a spear point one "even more difficult to find.

Here are some pictures of the knife used in the film (Please excuse the poor quality).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23072663@N04/2212123123/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23072663@N04/2212123063/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23072663@N04/2212123023/

This knife looks a little the worse for wear in the movie, but you get the general idea. I have my own ideas about how to customize this knife, and that would be discussed with anyone who is interested in making me one, however if anyone knows the maker of this knife, I would greatly appreciate the manufacturer. I was able to see that the blade says "Made in Germany" at the base of it, and there is something that is inscribed on the actual blade itself that I cannot make out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, thanks for looking, and thanks in advance for your help. Take care.

Joshua
Old 04-08-2010, 07:04 AM

I made a display case with his autographed photograph taken and made during the filming (1982) He's in the Park with the Soc Mustang behind him also I put a similar old knife, and some other applicable items to the movie. It's a very strong switchblade knife. I have a few knives like it.
This one of mine is an early vintage (WWI = WW2)
It doesn't have the "Solingen Rostfrei" rear tang stamp like Johnny Cades, or the nail nick but it is otherwise on it I think.

Last edited by Jeff_75; 04-08-2010 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Hall of Famer

Very Impressive Jeff! Good pictures too.

Hensarling Custom Knives

Old 04-08-2010, 06:43 PM

Thanks, I try.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:46 AM

I'm not sure if the original person to post this thread is still interested in finding or having one of these types of knives made for him.
If so BillDeShivs.com can make you one, so can Muskrat Man.

Here are a few of my custom made and modern limited editions.
All have solid nickel silver bolsters and levers.
Scale types are stag horn, jigged bone, grooved bone, , rams horn

Last edited by Jeff_75; 05-24-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:08 AM
Hall of Famer

Looks good Jeff. Did you make these yourself?

Hensarling Custom Knives

Old 05-24-2010, 05:51 PM

I wish I could make them. I'm a collector and havn't started making knives yet though I would like to begin one of these days.
Top stag knife is handmade n/s bolsters and lever on an Italian Rostfrei blade, liners and springs. It was made for me by Muskrat Man

2nd knife was made for me by Bill DeShivs. He made the brass liners, bolsters, lever and bone scales for it. We used a Mikov dagger blade, and springs for it. The backspring is decoratively filed.
The 2 firing springs are removable without having to pull the knife apart so if I ever break them I have a spare set I can easily change.

3rd is Italian liners, Rostfrei blade and springs with old vintage German n/s bolsters, flat lever, and resacled in black jigged bone. Originally done be justacowboy, finished by Muskrat Man.

#4 is a modern Hubertus multi saw blade model with stag scales. These are limited in # and made by Bill as well. They are authorized factory knives and not exactly customs.

#5 is a modern Hubertus (one of the first prototypes) from the same line as the multi knife. The scales are rams horn.

The rest of my current collection are vintage or vintage restored.
http://www.knifenetwork.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=52676

Last edited by Jeff_75; 05-24-2010 at 09:16 PM.

Tags
blade, knife, knives, switchblade