MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:01 PM

Majestic Forge problem

So this afternoon I was in the process of getting my Majestic Forge two burner forge set up and the regulator doesn't fit into the propane tank. Does anyone else have a Majestic Forge that can shed light on this problem? Is there an adaptor I need to buy or what?
Old 06-05-2017, 12:14 AM
Hall of Famer

Does it have a POL adapter on the hose? If you are having a hard time to get it to screw onto the tank it is a left hand screw. If it's something else probably a better description of you problem would help.

Doug

Old 06-05-2017, 05:13 AM
Guru

I thought the same thing when I got mine....usually a grill regulator has a female piece that screws on IF you have a male piece it will fit the propane tank....just goes on the inside of the piece. Weird to explain but the piece ON THE TANK is both a female piece and a male piece.....put the piece you have IF its male on the inside of the piece on the grill.... As doug said it spins on the opisat way to the left instead of right....hope it help without having a pic its hard to explain but I would bet that is the problem cause the same thing happened when I got mine.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:39 AM

If you are still having problems with the fit. go to your local Lp supplier (not box store like HD or Lowes) and ask them to have a look. Some of the POLS are configured slightly diff specs and just won't work well with some brands of tanks due to the newer safety issues. They have a little nipple on the end that is supposed to open the internal safety spring valve. Some of the nipples seem to be a bit short. Also I have come across some tanks that the spring valve was seated too deep and barely let the gas flow. Lots of little things - these were usually on the swap-out tanks. I own my own so I know they will always work. Shouldn't be that way but I've run into it quite frequently when helping others getting their forges running.
Was looking at the website and from the pic it looks like a standard bull-nose or POL so it should go inside the Lp tank flare and will be a left handed thread as mentioned above. Just go gently as the brass threads are very easy to cross thread and strip out.

Also, may have missed it in the pics on the site, but highly recommend a ball valve quick cutoff valve in line between the tank and the torch manifold. Best located at the tank, before the regulator. Reason - if something starts leaking and flames up you need a way to shut things down quickly. The ball valve is a quick and solid quarter turn shut off you can do with the slap of a hand. Standing in or near flaming fittings and doing multiple turns to shut off is just not safe or fun. Easy to install, just make sure the valve is Lp rated.

Dave - ??Never saw the Hat (or anything under it).

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 06-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Guru

CREX....HAHA You mean my gold NY Yankee hat you should of seen that a mile away....Really tho my bad. I left my "map" (YES I needed a map to figure the place out!) at the hotel the second day of the show and on the last day I had met up With ED First as he was closer to the door but had to go grab some supplies last minute and time just ran out a lot quicker than I thought......I could of killed 24 hours in that room EASY without looking up....deffinitly a sight to see!
Old 06-05-2017, 09:01 PM

Doug was right, it's a left hand screw.

Consider me both relieved and embarassed.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Don't ask me how long it took me to figure that out with my first gas forge.

Doug

Old 06-06-2017, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtec1 View Post
CREX....HAHA You mean my gold NY Yankee hat you should of seen that a mile away....Really tho my bad. I left my "map" (YES I needed a map to figure the place out!) at the hotel the second day of the show and on the last day I had met up With ED First as he was closer to the door but had to go grab some supplies last minute and time just ran out a lot quicker than I thought......I could of killed 24 hours in that room EASY without looking up....deffinitly a sight to see!
That's why it's advertised as the largest Knife Show. Three days and you better have good shoes and eye drops.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H

Tags
ball, brass, burner, buy, easy, fittings, forge, gas forge, hand, helping, knife, knife show, make, ore, problem, safety, screw, screws, show, store, supplies