MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 02-20-2019, 04:31 PM
Skilled

I have deleted the catalogue list on page eight and re-posted the updated catalogue here. There are now 47 known Delrin-handled RMKs listed in the line.

Summary: There have been 47 different Delrin-handled Randall knives featured in this discussion (though many have multiple pictures): five model 1s; eight model 2s; three model 3s; one model 6; four model 7s; one model 8; sixteen model 12s (various types); five model 13s, one model 14 Kit, one model 19, one model 21, and one altered blade (?) unknown model, (possibly a customer cut-down m10 with guard and special handle...some of which are thought to have been made in shop).

There are also lots of pictures of other knives etc. that were part of the Delrin discussion and/or derivative subjects (including escutcheon plate dating and model 3 sheath anomalies), etc. But as to the primary subject, this line probably has the largest collection of pictures, dating, and data, about Delrin handled Randall knives ever assembled in one spot.

Here is a Cliff-notes catalog pictorial summary of the Delrin-handled knives pictured thus far in this line. Updated as of 2-20-2019

I don't think I can add additional references to this catalogue because each post can only have 10 pictures and I've used up most of the space in my master file. Also, I am too burnt to add the page references to the master catalogue indication where the detailed pictures of each knife can be found in this line of posts. However, every knife in the catalogue does have additional detailed pictures.

I will not update this master again. Just post new knives and mention that they are not referenced in the catalogue.

Bill I didn't have a decent full-knife picture of either of your Feisal knives so just cobbled together something from the rather long range photo you posted of the two of them.... LOL.

Last edited by Jacknola; 08-14-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:35 PM
Skilled

After careful evaluation, another Delrin handled 13-12 was just sold on E-bay. It is shown below. I'm not updating the numerical data in the catalog as yet because I think a 13-12 mentioned by Bill as part of a Delrin Faisal set is actually a later white or old yellow marcarta handle, not Delrin. I probably just misunderstood the original post from TBill. ... so this RMK Delrin handled 13-12 will replace the other one in the catalog. If the other one is indeed Delrin, I would need some close up pictures to confirm.

Last edited by Jacknola; 08-14-2019 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-17-2019, 06:52 PM
Skilled

Mine was without a doubt a Delrin handle. I do know the difference.
Old 03-04-2020, 03:34 PM
Skilled

My posts keep getting deleted here. Some hater is a moderator
Old 03-04-2020, 11:51 PM

I have no clue, Bill. David: Any idea? Thanks.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:02 AM

Hi Bill!

Are you referring to very recent posts you have made on the Randall forum or earlier ones?

In any case you should know that moderators on all KN forums receive an email whenever someone posts on the specific forum that they moderate. These emails include the original unedited posts and a direct link to the forum for viewing.

Aside from your post about some of yours having been deleted, I have not received any emails with a post from you since February 1. This was the one about your Tom Leschorn embellished Shaw-Leibowitz Special. It's still there on the forum.

Maybe there was some technical error that occurred when you tried to post. Other than this, like Ron I'm afraid I have know idea what happened.

Please try again whenever you can.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

David

Old 03-06-2020, 12:19 AM

Thanks, David.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:03 PM
Skilled

Recently sold on ebay…..

Old 07-06-2020, 11:08 PM
Registered

Contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknola View Post
This line is spun off from the "coolie cap" discussion, but is dedicated to Delrin as a RMK handle material.

On page two are four posts with the most definitive information about Delrin as a knife handle material of any on the internet. These posts cover the following:

1. Pictures of a circa 1960-'61 RMK model 3 with Delrin handle, possbily first Delrin handled knife, ever;

2. Pictorial and discussion of chronology of RMK model 3s from late '50s to early '60s;

3. Pictorial and discussion of chronology of Delrin handled RMKs from 1960 - early '70s;

4. Discusion of history of Delrin as a product

First, some posts that lay the groundwork including pictorials and presentation of some Delrin or "Ivorite" handled RMKs.
Sir (Jacknola)

I believe I am not allowed to Private Message or either I am too used to Bladeforums to figure out the system here, so could I bother you to post a visitor message on my profile so I can give you my email? I am very interested in interviewing you for a book I am writing about the stories of SF soldiers from Vietnam.

I know my account looks fishy, joining today and all, however I am very active on Bladeforums and you can find me under the same username over there for confirmation.

I apologize to the rest of you for making this a public post. As I previously stated I believe I'm unable to send messages or I'm too dumb to figure it out
Old 07-07-2020, 01:40 PM
Skilled

I’ll be happy to share but let me send a private message to your account. I just tried and received a message that you are not allowing messages OR your account isn’t actively receiving them. You may To have a period of time to elapse before you can receive personal messages. That applies to listing pictures as well.

My email is Jacknola@cox.net.

I have a few things but more importantly I have a small group of long time SF friends that collectively have extensive memories, including my twin brother (MACVsog), a two tour gunship pilot who flew for NACVsog and has actual 8mm film he took while in air-ground battles over the trail, a retired Doctor who spent 44 months in SEAsia, two SF-Vietnam friends that went on to have long time op-branch careers in the Agency around the world.

You might find a fictional story I wrote on this board (see “The Magic Randall” story at bottom of first page of that same-named line located down the topic list on this board) instructive as many of the events described are factual and me, twin, or other close friends had those experiences. regards

Last edited by Jacknola; 07-07-2020 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:26 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknola View Post
I’ll be happy to share but let me send a private message to your account. I just tried and received a message that you are not allowing messages OR your account isn’t actively receiving them. You may To have a period of time to elapse before you can receive personal messages. That applies to listing pictures as well.

My email is Jacknola@cox.net.

I have a few things but more importantly I have a small group of long time SF friends that collectively have extensive memories, including my twin brother (MACVsog), a two tour gunship pilot who flew for NACVsog and has actual 8mm film he took while in air-ground battles over the trail, a retired Doctor who spent 44 months in SEAsia, two SF-Vietnam friends that went on to have long time op-branch careers in the Agency around the world.

You might find a fictional story I wrote on this board (see “The Magic Randall” story at bottom of first page of that same-named line located down the topic list on this board) instructive as many of the events described are factual and me, twin, or other close friends had those experiences. regards
Just sent an email to the one you provided. Apologize for the delay.
Thanks again sir.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:34 PM
Skilled

I've been doing other things. Election over... so here is a Delrin handled RMK sold on E-bay in September, 2020, that I don't think has been posted before. I'm adding it to keep the record going, but not adding it to catalog because I'm out of room and allowable pages in the catalog post above.

Last edited by Jacknola; 11-14-2020 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-21-2023, 10:26 PM

Have this flat 2-5 in the mail. Is there a safe way to remove discoloration? (one side only)
Or send it in to RMK's?
Thanks, new to the material.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resized_20230521_105504(1)sm.jpg (221.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 123_1001.jpg (218.1 KB, 9 views)

Old 06-11-2023, 06:19 PM
Skilled

RE: cleaning Delrin. I've heard mineral spirits but no personal experience. I suggest google. Some good stuff out there.

I have not updated the catalog, no room in that post to do it. But this line is still the place to post all things RMK Delrin. To that end, there have been several more RMKs with Delrin added since the catalog was ended (see above).

Just when you think most of the surviving RMK Delrins have surfaced, suddenly Joe has forwarded a lode of such knives… a complete set of 1-6, 1-7, 1-8 with matching hardware and Delrin handles…. AND… a complete set of 2-6, 2-7, 2-8 with the same matching hardware. Don't know where these are now, but it is an impressive collection, VERY unlikely to be matched. This ups the total count of Delrin RMKs to 58 or 59.

Last edited by Jacknola; 06-11-2023 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-11-2023, 07:47 PM

A little Metal glow worked on the handle. Was like a opaque layer of oxidation. Came right off.
Super happy with the results'. It was just too easy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230524_115836_resized1.jpg (342.7 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by MCM; 06-11-2023 at 08:23 PM.

Tags
back, bee, blade, bowie, brand, brass, chain, forged, handle, handle material, handles, ivory, knife, knives, made, material, micarta, model 7, nylon, post, randall, sheath, shop, spacer, tang