MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:29 PM
Skilled

Photo sharing woes...

What the crap is going on with photos these days. First Photobucket changed their settings so unless you have a paid account you can no longer post an url to insert a photo into a thread.

And now I'm finding with an emailed photo, I can no long right click and select "save as", even if I sent my iPhone photo to myself via email, I still cannot right click and download into my desktop.
Ended up having to "open" it with Photoshop and save it that way.

Then I tried to post a photo on here as an attachment and it exceeded the size limit.

What in the wide wide world is going on?

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!!
Old 07-27-2017, 09:05 PM
Founding Member / Moderator

I suspect that what's going on is your phone software is getting 'updated'....to serve YOU better, of course. And Photobucket probably figures enough people are hooked that they can start charging.

As for your attachment limit, I think we have about a 2 meg limit. The attachments you use never go away unless you manually remove them so eventually you'll hit the limit. Some people who don't know how to edit their pics from their phones will hit that limit with their first picture.

If I recall, you can go to your Command Post and find Manage Attachments. That should give you a list of all the attachments you have, delete as many as you need to.....

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Old 07-27-2017, 11:51 PM
Guru

Photobucket is a grifter company now as far as I'm concerned and do not charge a reasonable price. I have recently been seeing "Please Update Your Account to Enable 3rd Party Viewing" Goater including your Kith entry on this forum. I do not know what it looks like. Maybe others saw it before they did what they did. I have my pics over at Flickr which is still free.

I set my camera to make the pictures at 600 pixels and store them in my computer and I do not have a problem downloading from there to here, just have to set camera back to normal for regular pics.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:57 AM

If you want to see Goater's KITH entry all you have to do is look at the KITH page I create for each KITH. In this case its

http://www.rayrogers.com/kith_bird_and_trout.htm

Old 07-28-2017, 09:19 AM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmontg View Post
Photobucket is a grifter company now as far as I'm concerned and do not charge a reasonable price. I have recently been seeing "Please Update Your Account to Enable 3rd Party Viewing" Goater including your Kith entry on this forum. I do not know what it looks like. Maybe others saw it before they did what they did. I have my pics over at Flickr which is still free.

I set my camera to make the pictures at 600 pixels and store them in my computer and I do not have a problem downloading from there to here, just have to set camera back to normal for regular pics.
Initially it loaded on the page. Early July I believe is when Photobucket changed everything and every photo posted anywhere that was linked to their site disappeared and in its place was the blue square that said, "Please update your account to enable 3rd party viewing". Of course the "account update" means, give us money. I understand they are in business to make money, but as of now, if you don't want to pay them for "updated" service, there is little reason to store photos there.

my greater concern is emailed photos. You can right click and choose "Save As" and keep the photo. Google (gmail acct) apparently has put some type block into place where you can right click but either nothing happens or there is no longer an option to save the photo.

I did just now note you can still right click the photos in Photobucket and choose "save as" to download into your hard drive. So I did that with my KITH knife and here goes.
knives84.jpg
knives83.jpg

That seemed to work, Jim it was 0-1 steel, brass hdwr. rounded spine, dovetailed bolster, stabilized Claro Walnut.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!!
Old 07-28-2017, 10:07 AM
Guru

There were two knives that closest met the B&T designation in my mind Goater and yours was one of them. Very nice and O1 my fave. Wish I had a HT oven, O1 and D2 would be my most common steels.

Thanks Ray for the link, nice bunch of knives. I would have made a small D2 knife, but the move to NM put the kibosh on knifemaking for a while.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:27 PM

Goater, try this:

http://download.cnet.com/Screen-Capt...-10914573.html

Its a tiny little program that you can use to capture anything on your screen. So far, I haven't found anything it wouldn't get whether it was protected or not ...

Old 07-28-2017, 09:05 PM
Guru

So Ray, would this program allow me to get pics from lets say Flickr and post here?
Old 07-29-2017, 06:05 AM
Guru

I used to have a program similar to what ray is describing I tink and yeh Jim it should work but you might have to edit the photo the one I had captured the whole screen (what ever you can see was mad into a pic) so if there is more on the screen than what you want to post you will have to crop the picture first
Old 07-29-2017, 07:52 AM

This program allows you to capture any area of the screen you want. Once you have it captured and saved to a file on your computer you can treat it just like any other picture which means you can edit it and/or post it here or anywhere else ...

Old 07-29-2017, 07:56 AM
Guru

Ok that's cool I may check it out too. The one I had and it was a LONG time ago would capture te whole screen. you couldn't select only one section at a time....but again long time ago
Old 07-29-2017, 06:47 PM
Skilled

Thanks Ray! Will check that out.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!!

Tags
art, back, bee, block, brass, case, choose, comma, common, how to, htm, iphone, knife, knifemaking, knives, made, make, photo, post, problem, software, steel, store, tiny, walnut