MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum

The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum The materials, techniques and the designing of folding knives.

Old 09-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Registered

Mikov auto

I've recently got interested in autos, I'm left handed and noticed the Mikov's come in lefthanded models, do they have a lot of blade wiggle, and how are the kits that you to put together yourself. I have some experience with the Darrel Ralph folder kits, some fixed blade kits and one lockback kit. Anyway any info would be appreciated.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Registered

I own a few mikovs and I notice no blade wiggle.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Registered

I found a post on another forum about the kits.he said he had a mikov kit where the pivot pin hole was too small and the force of the spring made the blade move just enuf to make the locking pin miss the hole. all he did was enlarge the pin hole.I have an italian kit but never put it together so all I know is what I read.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Enthusiast

I had 2. Very definite blade wiggle Hankd
Old 06-19-2007, 11:51 AM

Mikovs without any wobble!!!

Hey smith54!

I am sure that there are people that have bad xperiences from the Mikov knives, just as with any other knives.

So this is just my opinion based on my experiences...

I now have three Mikov leverlocks, and I love all of them!!
Bladeplay is something that I hate on my knives!
Not one of my three Mikovs have any flaws to them - not one little thing is out of order in any way!!!

They are all sharp, solid, straight, tight and beautiful! My knives are from three different "price levels" so to speak: standard, exclusive and "damasteel-exclusive".
Off course I love my high end - damasteel blade with turkish walnut scales - the most! But the buffalohorn and the coccobolo is also lovely in every way!

Many people have good reasons for wanting to contact a dealer as close to home as possible, and I don?t?know where you are located??? But if you don?t mind ordering from Europe you could absolutely get yourself a veeery nice Mikov automatic knife ( or two ) Maybe someone else can direct you to a good dealer somewhere closer to your home!??
I would recommend a place to get your Mikov if I wasn?t new to this forum - I haven?t read ALL of the rules on posting yet - so I won?t mention any names of persons or companys here in this post! But I can tell you this much : The guy I get my Mikovs from handpicks the knives he sells!!! He is actually the reason to why the Mikov autos have increased their quality and variety in models. AND he is a great person too!

Man, I talk a lot! But this is one of my favourite topics - automatic knives / knives in general..

If you think that I can be of any help, just e-mail me and I?ll give you a good source for your future Mikov!!

Good luck with your search, see you!

Martin.H
Old 07-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Registered

mikov

Bladebid has a ton of them to choose from.The guy who sells them is a guy named david.His site has a price list and all the models available.He ships to the usa also.

Tags
blade, fixed blade, hunting knife, knife, knives, switchblade