MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 01-01-2002, 06:52 PM
MtMike

Koval custom kits Vs the new Darrel Ralph kits

I saw the favorable comments here about the Koval kits, so I looked them up for the first time today. What are the differences between those DR folder kits and the ones now being offered on the "kits" site? Understand that more models will follow in the future, any plans to offer a frame lock model?
Thanks for the info, interesting subject for a site, with lots of potential.
MtMike
Old 01-02-2002, 10:17 AM
Darrel Ralph

Hi Mike
Yes the folding kits we have at this time are the same as the 605 kits.
I designed them for Koval witht he understanding that I could sell them on kinfekits.com.
What will happen in the future is , there will new EXCLUSIVE designs for knifekits.com. They will be designed by Great custom makers, and myself.
We have 3 more folder kits that should be ready by mid summer 2002 and 1 kit that will go on line in febuary.
The kit in Febuary is a design from Ed Van hoy of stamascus knife works. You will be able to get this kits from us. We have the distribution right s to the kit. It is a kit that can be modified to make three differnt folders by modifing the frame or blade. Texas knifemaker, Koval and others will have access to the kit through us. We sell on a wholesale level also.
So you may see it other places but we will be the point of sale as for the others in the market who sell it.
Each supplier may have doffernt handle options ect. That will be there call.
There will also be special short run kits that are high end from great makers.

As for a frame lock, YES We have one on the drawing board for later this year!

Tags
blade, knife, knives