MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Network : Support & Services > Feature & Member Support

Feature & Member Support Questions about how to use the features on the Knife Network web site? Problems logging in? Post them in here.

Old 06-28-2004, 10:23 PM
Living Legend

membership features

Does the "delete post" option become available if one is to purchase a membership? Is it available with "General Member" subscription?

If one purchases a "General" subscription and then wishes to upgrade, will the "general" fee be counted towards it?

Will one's name show up in the "Members List" with a general membership?

Thanks.....
Old 06-29-2004, 12:36 AM
Administrator

Mike,

I had to fix that. It should work now. It should allow for the same basic edits as the old board. a couple of the settings have to be targeted and reset, but we're getting close.

Sure, you can upgrade until you have all you need, service and tool wise. That's the great thing about this type of setup. This is truly an "on-demand" marketing system. You don't have to use it, but if and when you do, it's ready to go!

You're in the memberlist now. I had to add registered level users to the view display.

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 06-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Living Legend

Thank you, Alex!

BTW, considering the herculean task you folks had, what we see has been wonderful. Hope you've had a chance to catch a breath!

Last edited by fitzo; 06-29-2004 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:43 AM
Hall of Famer

I'm constantly having to go back to a post and edit a misspelling (right Mitz?). But now, when I click the edit/delete, I just get a delet box only??

Hensarling Custom Knives

Old 06-29-2004, 09:25 AM
Hall of Famer

Alex, I have a gold membership. Why can't I send attachments?
Old 06-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Living Legend

Robert, when I hit "edit/delete" I now get a window that first has a delete box, then below another box for editing.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:48 AM
Founding Member *Sys_Admin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Robinson
Alex, I have a gold membership. Why can't I send attachments?
Don, I think the idea is that you use your Member Gallery to store the images rather than doing a direct attachment. There was some discussion on the old forums about the eventual degredation of system performance when images are directly attached in posts.

Alex would have to explain it but I think it has something to do with the fact that all our threads are stored and indexed in a database, and having the 100's of MB's of images mixed in eventually slows everything down to a crawl. The photo hosting / gallery area is a separate piece of software, that keeps the images and the threads seperated for higher efficiency.

Here's the package for the Knifemaker's Gold Membership:

? Unlimited Classifieds Ads Usage (Personal Work)
? 40MB Image Hosting / Forum-Gallery Posting
? Forum "maker for-sale" boards posting
? Personal Shows Calendar
? Personal Profile Page with Quick Links
? KnifeNetwork? Search Engine Auto-Indexing

If you haven't setup a gallery yet, it's easy. You can upload the images directly from your PC just as you would with attachments. I like this method better. Any time I want to reference or display an image that uploaded say, months ago, I can quickly locate it in my gallery. Trying to find a previously "attached" image would involve trying to locate the old thread where you attached it and get the URL from there. Am I making sense?

I guess we really need Alex to verify what I've gotten right, correct what I've gotten wrong, and add what I've left out altogether.

#######

[ He comes back and say's ... ]

I decided to show an example. I just jumped over to my gallery and grabbed the URL for a photo I uploaded a few days ago.

Very easy. And a year from now, I can quickly find that same URL if I need to show the image again for some reason.

Click the banner above to visit my website

Last edited by Terry Primos; 06-29-2004 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Administrator

That is correct, Terry.

You can upload an image to the gallery under your username and it will automatically post it to your account. It will then be viewable. Once viewable, copy the image link from a right-click properties move (look for image url and copy) . Go to thread and paste between image tags and you're done. Not only is it cleaner, it also allows you to have the image display across the site with one stroke.

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 06-29-2004, 04:04 PM
Hall of Famer

That's fine. I'll do the gallery and profile thing when I get unbusy.

The reason I asked about attachments is because of the thingy at the bottom of the "reply" pages (Posting Rules) that says I can do anything else except post attachments, so I assumed some people could do that.

I like all the new options, that's why I decided to send Alex some of my money. (grin)

By the way, is there a charge for posting knives for sale?
Old 06-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Living Legend

I think you done paid that fee already, Don, with your membership. If I ever get back to selling again I plan on upgrading to the Gold.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Don,

With your gold membership, you have basic run of site. You already have a member account setup in the listing system that allows you to sell 24/7, the username and pass are the same as the one's submitted with the form. Try those and let me know if you have any problem logging in. Same with the events calendar system.

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC

Tags
knives