MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Photography Discussion

Knife Photography Discussion Share and improve your techniques on knife photography. Web and print imaging discussions welcome. Come on in ...

Old 05-27-2001, 12:28 PM
PhilL0496

And you think you've got problems?

I said I would show you folks what I?ve been working with as far as my scanner goes and I expect to get some laughs. This is what I start with, please don?t try to adjust your computer screen.

No the dog didn?t take a leak on my scanner, what started out as yellow streaks has evolved into an all over yellow results from my scans. I?ve spoken to the manufacturer and it seems there?s no cure short of buying a new scanner.

These are the steps I go through to get a scan ready to post:
1. In PhotoDeluxe, I Trim the pic, reduce the dpi to 72dpi and click on Instant Fix, which get?s the Yellow out. I also click on Sharpen.
2. Next I Erase the background (I?ve added a background layer so you can see the steps).
3. This is about half way done. There are lots of other ways to remove the background, I?m just used to doing it this way.
4. Okay the background is now gone.
5. In this step I start looking at the subject. In this case all I really did was to lighten the blades on the knives with the Dodge Tool in PhotoShop.
6. In this step I Soften the background layer and add a Drop Shadow to add some depth to it.

To finish up I Burned in the corners of the background. I painted in some highlights on the bolsters and blades and added some Lens Flare on the bolsters. I could keep playing with this, but I think you get the idea.
Old 05-27-2001, 04:07 PM
CKDadmin

Phil ...

Masterful work! If you had a digital camera, you'd be deadly ...

Alex
Old 05-28-2001, 01:18 AM
R Todd

Pretty neat work Phil. Always enjoy checking out your stuff.

Tags
knives