MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:12 AM
Registered

Question help identifying a knife

Brand Newbie here, first post, and posting in this thread/topic as I do not want to step on any etiquette/unwritten rules/etc.

In fact, I may not be in the right website at all, as this one came up on a general search for 'knives' and I can see as I poke around that it is predominately for makers. But I'll hazard my question anyway if all goes well.

I'm not a particular knife nut, but I am a huge fan of Forged In Fire (here's what I'm referring to above, if that show is somehow not 'correct' then I've just branded myself some sort of lame-o unintentionally... though truthfully =] )

My question is hoping that this forum can help me identify a beloved knife that I've had since childhood. I'm about 90+% sure that it is commercial in origin, thus why I may not be questing in the right forums. But if you can point me to an appropriate section of the website to post in, I can give pictures and what provenance I'm personally aware of.

Thanks in advance
DaLnz
Old 09-18-2017, 09:31 AM
Guru

Hey man forged in fire has really gotten knife making out there to the masses. I have had more than once someone ask me to make a knife they saw on the show. I am good friends with one of the winners...they do "cut" certain things like tempering as it just doesn't make exciting tv also I think some of there test are a lil out there and "Hollywood" BUT hey they are trying to produce good tv so I understand the dramatic tests even tho a lot of it is stuff that no knife should ever do....again the people that make this show are not knife makers they are TV producers and they are doing there job well just as we do our job well the trick is blending it...

As far as identifying the knife definitely put up some pics we cant begin to guess unless we see the knife
Old 09-18-2017, 09:56 PM
Registered

Question Knife pics

Here's a plan and elevation, and the handle, with ruler for scale
DaLnz

HTML Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDXh9H9ZJPg

Last edited by Alberekt; 09-18-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:44 AM
Guru

Sorry I cant help with that one... give it a day or 2 some other guys on the forum may chime in
Old 09-19-2017, 12:56 PM
Registered

Possible OSS machete for Phillipines-WWII vintage

Thanks for checking it out. I'm getting some progress from other sources, subj line indicating which direction the quest seems to be taking

Tags
antique, bolo, brand, fire, first post, forged, forged in fire, handle, identify, identifying, knife, knife making, knives, machete, make, makers, making, man, newbie, post, question, show, vintage, wwii