MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > Knife Collecting

Knife Collecting From beginner to professional. Discuss the latest trends, get reviews, opinions and more ... If you're serious about collecting custom knives, start here!

Old 01-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Banned

Smile wana sale my knives

hi guys my name is Shahid Jalil i am a knife maker i have my own factory in pakistan The name of my company (Prime Steel Industries) i designed knives by my self now i am making damascus knives i have a lot of my own designes and a lot of new designes comming soon. if some one interested so pls reply me i will send pictures my email is : info@primesteel.com.pk shahidjalil@hotmail.com
pleas visit my website: www.primesteel.com.pk
my cell : 0092 321 6217689
Regards,
Shahid Jalil

Last edited by Colectableknive; 01-08-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

According to his web site, he's making 70,000 units a month! (Presumably knives and utensils.) Just doesn't seem right that someone selling that amount of stuff would bother selling one or two in a market like KNet.

Does every overseas marketer write like they learned English in a NY city cab?

Old 01-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Hall of Famer

There was another Pakistan "damascus" maker trying to sell here a few months back. I don't think this guy realizes who he's trying to sell to, but then a sale is a sale, I guess.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
I'm sorry if I sound overly rude, but I did go and look at the website, and all I could think was "Oh Great! More imported junk." Nothing custom about anything there.....I doubt any of the blades are even heat treatable steel.

I don't know who moderates this portion of the forums, but I think the best thing that could be done is to email this guy, and explain to him that this is about custom/handmade knives, not mass produced junk.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 01-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colectableknive
hi guys my name is Shahid Jalil i am a knife maker i have my own factory in pakistan The name of my company (Prime Steel Industries) i designed knives by my self now i am making damascus knives i have a lot of my own designes and a lot of new designes comming soon. if some one interested so pls reply me i will send pictures my email is : info@primesteel.com.pk shahidjalil@hotmail.com
pleas visit my website: www.primesteel.com.pk
my cell : 0092 321 6217689
Regards,
Shahid Jalil

Shahid, this forum is for custom knifemakers and collectors, not for mass produced products. I doubt you will make many sales by advertising here.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Skilled

I have to say AMEN! to Ed Caffrey and Don Robinson on this one. There is too much of this junk in the USA as it is without adding more of this to it.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to blademan Send a message via Yahoo to blademan
That looks like Frost Knives

KnifeMakers Are Pretty Sharp People
Old 01-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Banned

hi guys thanks for ur comments gentelmen i didn't put any damascus version on my website yet and 70000 pices per month is regular 420 steel items and u r right dear alot of items frost item because frost is my best buyer, and gentelmen i am not making junk i have realy a custom knives and minimum price is 5000 us$ i think guys u thaught i am pakistani and pakistani can't make damascus and also custom knives so thats why u use that type of words my dear respectable friends i don't know how to attached pictures here so thats why i am not able to attach any photo in this forum if you wana see my custom damascus pleas give me ur emails then i will send u some pictures then u can decide is it junk or not but i am happy u replied me now i am waiting ur reply u can reply me on my personal email shahidjalil@hotmail.com
thanks
regards
Shahid Jalil
Old 01-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Hall of Famer

I believe the old, old discussion about what makes a knife "Custom" comes into play here.

To most of us here Custom" means one knife made to order to suit one customer's desires.

And I think most of us would agree that a hand made knife or a piece of damascus is not made in a factory using mass production. To us, a hand made knife is made by one man from raw materials.

Now, to me, a real Custom Knifemaker makes knives to individual order, and hand makes other knives to suit himself. These are what we see at shows, etc.

Mr. jalil, I suggest you find a more suitable venue for your products. Some of the members here might get angry at someone who labels mass produced articles as Custom or Hand Made.

That's our field, not yours.

By the way, the 420 steel you say you make your knives from is junk.

Best regards,

Last edited by Don Robinson; 01-09-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Banned

Mr. Don thanks for your rude reply and only short reply for you your products will must be junk not mine and for your kind information i came on this forum for selling my custom knives not for fight and you all guys try to fight with me and its really not fair and i will show you i am the best and its my field not yours and my custom knives will be too much expensive and better then yours collections mind it pleas, if some one help me and tell me how to attach picture on this forum so pleas tell me i will upload my picture and every body will see and decide who is junk
Thanks
Best regards
Shahid Jalil
Old 01-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Skilled

I have looked over the knives and agree with Don and these knives are no where close to a custom or even handmade knife, however you want to say it. I also agree about the 420 steel as well, not worth the effort.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colectableknive
Mr. Don thanks for your rude reply and only short reply for you your products will must be junk not mine and for your kind information i came on this forum for selling my custom knives not for fight and you all guys try to fight with me and its really not fair and i will show you i am the best and its my field not yours and my custom knives will be too much expensive and better then yours collections mind it pleas, if some one help me and tell me how to attach picture on this forum so pleas tell me i will upload my picture and every body will see and decide who is junk
Thanks
Best regards
Shahid Jalil
Usually I am all in favor of an open forum, and really don't like it when moderators ban people because they express their opinions, but I think this guy is out of line.

Mr. Jalil: You are in the incorrect forum for attempting to sell your merchandise. This is the forum for collecting custom knives. The link you posted only displays low quality, mass produced items. They are not custom knives.

If you are hoping to sell your materials, the proper forum can be found here for members: http://www.knifenetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63

If you are wishing to discuss your product, the proper forum can be found here: http://www.knifenetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=71

IF you wish to post pictures of your products, you should upload your images to a hosting service. You can then provide a link to your photo. Please keep in mind that a photo only allows a shallow evaluation of your work.

If you really want to compare your products to true custom knives, I challenge you to submit your highest quality work to the testing standards of the American Bladesmith Society, or equivalent standard (e.g. cutting test, 90 degree bend test, etc.)
Old 01-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

One thing needs to be said: You imply that we are prejudiced because you are Pakistani. That is not the case.

The fact is that we see tons of cheaply made knives from Pakistan, India, and China. They are junk, often made out of steels that won't even harden. From time to time, we also have people from your country trying to sell damascus or other steels on here. In many cases, they are not even legitimate. It makes us cautious.

Your original post has a link to your web site and we've looked at the merchandise. It's bulk manufactured, not custom. And, to be honest, it closely resembles the junk we have seen imported.

There are fine artisans from many parts of the world - Italy, Germany, Australia, Brazil, Argentina, and so on that post their work on this network. It shouldn't take long to see the difference between their work and a box of 420 stainless steak knives.

I wish you well in your business and hope you sell plenty of utensils. But this is not the right place to sell that kind of merchandise.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:27 AM
Banned

Gentelmen let me show you my custom knive and u all decide is it junk or what, now i am waiting ur reply
thanks with regards
Shahid Jalil

Last edited by Colectableknive; 01-11-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Do you want an honest critique?

First, we do not know what kind of steel is used in this damascus, although the pattern is very nice.

There are some fit and finish issues I see on several of the knives.

Photo 1--It appears that the edges of your sheath needs some work (beveling and smoothing), and it does not look like there is a welt to protect the stitching from the blade. A strap riveted to the sheath to hold the handle in place wouldn't be my first choice in attachment method, I would much prefer to see a strap that wraps around from the back and goes over the upper or lower part of the guard. A strap of the design you use still allows up and down movement of the knife in the sheath. I cannot see the carving on the handle well, but what I do see does not match the quality of the rest of the knife. It almost appears as if 2 different people worked on the knife--one on the handle, another on the rest of the knife.

Photo 2--There are some fit and finish issues with your filework on the guard--you can see toward the bottom of the guard where you overshot your filing into the middle part of the guard, so the pattern is not the same throughout the entire piece. You can see this elsewhere on the guard as well. It also appears you used 2 spacers in front of the stag, and one behind. I know this will sound picky, but to a collector this lack of symmetry would be important.

Photo 3--I think the retaining strap placement on this sheath is much better than in the first photo. What weight leather do you use for your sheaths? It seems kind of thin to me, compared to the 8-9 oz. leather on other sheaths posted in photos on this forum.

Photo 4--I feel (and I think many collectors would agree) that you've over-used colored liners in this knife handle. The problem becomes apparent when you start seeing the gaps in the joint of the liners when they are perpendicular to each other. There is also poor fit between the right-hand piece of stag and the colored liner to the front of the handle. There is also poor fit between the stag and the tang--you can see where there is more of a gap on the right side of the photo compared to the left, indicating that the handle slab was not perfectly flat before installation, or possibly there was uneven clamping pressure when the stag was installed. In addition, the stag tends to bulge out away from the lines of the handle too much. It would have been better to either contour the bolsters outward to meet the width of the stag (rather than making them so flat) or remove more material at the back of the stag slabs so that it sat more evenly with the bolsters.

Overall comments--they are great looking knives, and they show that you have good technical skill, but more attention needs to be paid to the overall appearance and finish of the knife. While they are good, I don't think they meet up to the standards expected of a custom knife over $200, much less than $5000.

Tags
awesome, blade, cancer, custom, forge, forging, hunting, knife, knife making, knives, military, mount