MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > Knife Collecting

Knife Collecting From beginner to professional. Discuss the latest trends, get reviews, opinions and more ... If you're serious about collecting custom knives, start here!

Old 10-30-2015, 11:03 AM

Track Knives Whitefish Montana

My father gave me a Track skinning knife. It was made for him by Ray Schmidt (sp?), owner of Track Knives. Ray and his partner, Don Pfrimmer, started the business around 1960 and the knife I have was made around 1970. It is a beautiful knife that has never been used. The sheath says "TRACK KNIVES WHITEFISH MONTANA" and the blade has a bear paw engraved just above the handle. I think the company became a sub contractor for a larger knife company then later went out of business.
I am not a knife collector but this knife may be a collector's item. Does anyone know anything about Track Knives that would help me figure out what to do with it? I could use any money it might bring but most of all I don't want to leave it to someone for a flea market sale.
Thank You
Old 11-28-2015, 05:59 PM
Enthusiast

Track Knives are collected by many....post that sucker on eBay and watch 'em bid.
-Mark
Old 11-30-2015, 12:44 PM

Polish guy. Thanks for the answer. I was beginning to think nobody heard of Track Knives. I found one on eBay with an asking price around $800. It is a commemorative knife made for the NRA. Of course my knife is worth less than that so the next step for me is to determine a fair value then go from there.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Enthusiast

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-VINTAGE...0AAOSw14xWOp7A

Generally, the more sought after patterns will top out around $400, if I remember correctly. That NRA commemorative owner is already getting desperate....he's now at $675 and accepting offers.

-Mark
Old 11-30-2015, 01:21 PM
Enthusiast

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ithaca-Track...4AAOSwiLdV9XvE

Tags
bee, beginning, blade, bowie, collector, engraved, fixed, gun, handle, hunting, knife, knives, made, montana, polish, post, sale, sheath, skinner, skinning, vintage