MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > Knife Collecting

Knife Collecting From beginner to professional. Discuss the latest trends, get reviews, opinions and more ... If you're serious about collecting custom knives, start here!

Old 02-22-2002, 02:09 AM
Hubert Thomason

Who is William Engle, Knifemaker?

Two of William Engle's knives were pictured in the recent issue of "Tactical Knives". I would like to know more about him and his work before makeing a purchase. Thanks for responding if you have some information to share.
Old 02-22-2002, 07:41 AM
jar

Here a knifemaker from Alsaka. I don't think he has a website.
Old 02-22-2002, 10:10 PM
MtMike

CuttingEdge has the following info for him (don't have a clue if it's accurate or not -- give it a try)
ENGLE, WILLIAM 16602 OAK RIDGE RD. BOONVILLE MO 65233
(816)882-6277

MtMike
Old 02-23-2002, 12:43 PM
BOB28

I have one of his knives and I can tell you fit and finish is excellent. His workmanship is superb.

Old 02-24-2002, 01:37 AM
Hubert Thomason

Appreciate Info Re William Engle

Comments from someone who actually owns one of Engle's knives, AND a picture!--Many thanks! I did manage to speak with him by phone. Clearly he is a passionate and well-schooled knife-maker who's made the wise decision to shun high visibility collaborations with production companies and the associated loss of control and corruption of artistic vision. He has also had the great good fortune to have been mentored by a couple of "legends" in the custom knife-making world. I'm really looking forward to working with him. Thanks again!
Old 02-24-2002, 05:33 PM
BOB28

Re: Appreciate Info Re William Engle

Hubert I have to agree with you. It's good to see a knifemaker just make knives instead of getting caught up in the internet hoopla, or any of the other "politics" surrounding knifemaking. Another maker that is even more of a loner than Mr. Engle is Steeve Voorhis. I love both these makers knives and the way they do buisiness. These two gentlemen are in knifemaking to make knives nothing else. I belive you will be more than pleased when you recieve your knife from Mr.Engle.
Please show us your knife when you get it.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:08 AM
Jerry Jay Stafford

Re: Appreciate Info Re William Engle

I met Bill several years ago at a gun and knife show at Osage Beach Missouri.After he learned that I was starting to make some knives he gave me an invitation to come to his shop and observe and learn from him.I never got around to going,but it is true he is a nice guy and loves what he does.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Registered

bill engle knives

It has been a long time ago but i cut myself using one of bill's father custom knives, still have the scare. My mother still has kenny engle knives in her knife drawer and i have one at home. These were premiere knives then so i can only attest to the quality and tradition passed to billy. As a long time friend of the family i am a little biased, lol but these knives are great. Bill, if you read this you owe me a new knife lol. Thanks

paul belk
florence sc

Tags
at home, bee, custom, custom knives, home, knife, knives