MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > Knife Collecting

Knife Collecting From beginner to professional. Discuss the latest trends, get reviews, opinions and more ... If you're serious about collecting custom knives, start here!

Old 01-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Enthusiast

Possibly Forming an Alabama Knife Group

I hope you do not mind me posting this here. If so, I apologize.

Hello, my name is Will Leavitt, I?m a bladesmith in Deatsville, Alabama. Some makers and I have been floating the idea for a group of people in and around Alabama that share the common love of custom knives. In execution it will be similar to the Georgia Knifemaker?s Guild. Collectors, makers (of any type) and associated artisans will be most welcome.

If you have even a small interest please shoot an email to Alabamacustomknives at yahoo.com
Old 01-26-2009, 05:35 AM

Hey Will. Doesn't look like you're getting much response here. I applaud your efforts and hope things will shake out and get going over there across the border. It takes a good bit of effort and a strong determination to make it happen, so persevere.
You are welcome to any of our Guild meetings, and if any of us can help you in anyway with information, etc. let one of us know.
We do have a couple of members that reside in 'Bama that you might want to contact. Robert Dark is one, although a lefty, not a bad knifemaker and a pretty good fella to boot. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you contact him for pointers and maybe conscription into your enterprise.
Again, you are always welcome at one of our events to check out how we do things.
If we have met (probably have), I have the ol' poot's syndrom and can't remember, so I appologise.
Please note that you are also welcome to come over to the Trackrock Hammer-in Spring Event, first weekend in April. Be a lot of GA Guild members there all weekend.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H

Tags
forge, knife, knives