MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 02-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Skilled

February Meeting

Charlie and I want to thank everyone that attended the social Friday night and the meeting on Saturday. If it wasn't for you our shop would still be knee deep in old belts and covered in dust. We had a great time and hope you did too.
If you haven't been to one of these meetings you just don't know what you are missing. The people are the best! I always learn new ways of doing things and a lot of times it is from a casual conversation and not just the demonstrations. There is always a very diverse group of talented knifemakers present, that are willing to answer questions and share their years of experience. The next one is going to be at John Costa's new shop on the 28th of April so mark your calendar now. You just don't want to miss it.
The forges were hot Friday afternoon and there are some good knives now in the works. Charlie's son, Bland, worked his magic with some grilled venison and John Costa brought a smoked wild hog that was delicious.(Killed with one of his own handmade knives) It was cool Friday night and drizzled just enough to make you appreciate a good roof and a good cup of coffee or whatever you brought.
Saturday the weather was great. Carl, Charlie and Ken did a terrific job on the demonstrations. I really want to thank those makers that brought knives for the display table. It was full. Kind of like a mini Blade Show. From small folders by John Poythress, brought by Joan, to a large replica of a Confederate D-guard Bowie by Carl Rechsteiner, with other folders, hunters, fighters, Bowies, and daggers filling in, the variety was complete. It is always a gathering place that keeps your interest.
This is the first one of these meetings that I didn't have my camera. I hope that someone will post some pictures.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Steel Addict

Thank you very much for hosting, your hospitality was amazing

can't wait for the next one

Stephan
Old 02-11-2007, 10:12 PM

Told you you'd have a good time, Stephen. Glad you could make it down.
Stephen brought down a chunk or two of bloom from his smelting project for everyone to see what raw, homemade steel looks like. Thank you.

Harry & Charlie, words cannot fully convey how good a time I had this weekend. Your hospitality and kindness are top of the line. What a great bunch of people and the food was excellent as usual. The diversity of conversations and family atmosphere just brought it all together. I feel very privileged to be a part of this organization and am blessed and enriched by the good friends I have made through it.

You folks that missed out have another chance coming up in April at Brother John's, as Harry mentioned above. I believe we signed up 3 new members this weekend and had several first time visitors as well. Stephen, Joel, GH, Randy and others, Welcome all!

Also want to let you know that the Spring Trackrock Hammer-in will be the weekend of March 24th. Clear your calender and make your plans. Clean your anvils, polish your hammers and fuel up your forges. We will be having a good time as always.
If you need particulars or have questions PM me your email addresses and I'll get the information to you.
A formal announcement will be posted here and on the Guild's website soon.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H

Last edited by Crex; 02-11-2007 at 10:15 PM.

Tags
blade, knife, knives