MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Network : Support & Services > Member Web Sites : Links & Updates

Member Web Sites : Links & Updates Have a new knife site to announce? Any updates lately? Tell us about them here ...

Old 03-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Website updated.. would like opinions!

Just finished uploading all the pages. Its been almost a two week ordeal, but I think I finally got everything on the site in order. I tried to clean things up, and make a few less links. If you get the chance, have a look and let me know what you think about the new layout/graphics, and I'm especially interested in how the new web albums for the Straight Knives and Folders work for everyone.

You can follow this link to my Home page.

If you run across any mistakes or bad links, please let me know! After two weeks of working with this thing my brain has turned to oatmeal.

Sorry Alex! I still haven't learned dreamweaver..... I had to do it the only way I knew how!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 07-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Enthusiast

nice web page.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:19 PM

Hey Ed the only things I can spot are really minor. The steel link at the top of every page is in a different color and there <> before your email on the contact page.

Couple suggestions on the links to outside you website you might want to have those open in a new window. That way if someone comes here a spends a lot of time when the close the browser you site will still be open.

Have you host setup an email address something like Ed@caffreyknives.net that way you "OWN" the email address if sometime in the future something strange happens like google no longer provides email addresses your not out of luck.

This is really important if someone is using their isp's email. You move and you may not have the same provider. An email based on your domain can follow you anywhere

Brad Stilley
Old 07-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

Your website has always been pretty easy to navigate. I don't particularly like the giant fonts you use on the home page, but that's just a personal thing. The Straight and Folder pages worked great for me - the only (minor) criticism I had was that you can't navigate back from those pages very easily.

It's easy to have a good looking site when you have so many good looking knives to display!

Overall I think you have one of the best knifemaking web sites.

Tags
knives