MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 08-31-2007, 09:34 AM

Cool What a wife, what a knife!!!

Hi all!

I recently turned the big 60!

On a beautiful, warm late summer night, Mrs. Moosehead, our two sons and daughter-in-law spent the evening dining on a cruise ship. It was a fabulous way to celebrate my ancientness.

Needless to say, we got home very late. After looking after our very demanding cats ("Where were you, staying out so late???!!!"), I just wanted to put my old head on the pillow, and dream about all those decades gone by. "No! Not yet!" cries out my wife. "I want you to see something!"

Dragging my tired butt back into the kitchen, imagine my surprise when my lovely wife presented me with with a big box sitting on the table. "Ah ha!" says I shaking the box around, this must be my present. It was fairly light, and there was no sound. Clothing thinks I. "I guess you want me to open it now, can't this wait till tomorrow?" "No!" she insists. "OPEN IT NOW!"

I took off the cover and unwrapped a long soft object. It was a black Randall Made Knives zippered case. "No way!" I exclaimed. Quickly, I reach into the box and extract another item, rolled up in brown paper. Out pops a tan Sullivan sheath with the numbers 12-6 stamped on the back. "How on earth did you get this into the house without me knowing?!" I cried.

At this point my heart was racing and I made sure to follow Mrs' Moosehead's warning to be careful unravelling the last brown wrapped item. Strangely, it didn't feel quite right for a #12-6. I could sense the blade through the paper, but the handle had a lumpy, bumpy feel to it. Slowly I took off the paper....

Imagine my total delight at receiving this gift from my most wonderful wife!!! Later I learnt that the whole family had participated in the conspiracy to purchase this gift. (Even the 5 kitties helped out.)

This will always be my very favourite Randall!

Cheers!

David

P.S. I couldn't sleep!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:57 AM
Steel Addict

David,
Happy Birthday and CONGRATULATIONS on getting that great looking knife. Since I know that you are not a hunter, if you want to send it to me or to the Captain, one of us will be happy to put it to use this deer season, you know, get it all bloodied up for you!!!
Seriously it is one fine knife.
Wayne

Old 08-31-2007, 10:11 AM

Absolutely beautiful, David! Your wife may not be that selective about who she hangs around with, but she sure can pick out a Randall!

Seriously, you are so lucky in so many ways.

Happy belated birthday

Ron
Old 08-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Skilled

Moose Birthday

How old are you in Moose years? Happy Birthday, David. Great color in that crown! I am fond of crown stag, although I only have 6 pieces in my collection. Perhaps more will happen along some day. Must be nice to have a wife like that! Congratulations...and, as the "Tide Man" says: If you would like that crown just a bit more "red"..send it on along!! Best, The "Captain"

Old 08-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Steel Addict

Congrats on your RMK that's AWESOME Dude real nice present! Sorry about the Birthday Hurry up & use it before it's to late Happy Birthday!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Steel Addict

Beautiful, Moosie. That bare spot on the rear of the handle would a perfect spot for some sweet scrim!!
Old 08-31-2007, 12:00 PM
Steel Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to RedElk
Moosehead,
What a beautiful knife! And, as they say these days, your wife rocks!
(Frankly, I'm floored by the secrecy required by so many people to get that knife in your hands on the proper day without tipping you off.)
Old 08-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Skilled

Your Mooseness, a great big congratulations on your choice of wife and her choice of a fabulous Randall!

Sixty huh? You are now entitled to say what's actually on your mind at all times and to wear paisley shirts with striped bermuda shorts and white socks with the stripes around the top.

Your bud,

seuss
Old 08-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Steel Addict

Great knife, and great surprise!

(I stopped having birthdays--just celebrate the anniversary of that long-ago day when I turned 39.)

-Steve
Old 08-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Steel Addict

Happy Birthday Mr. Moosie, Fantastic knife! Great wife and kids and yes your kittens are very cool as well. Congrats on that fantastic crown stag Randall.
Panhead
Old 08-31-2007, 06:15 PM
Enthusiast

Thumbs up That is awesome!

Good on ya Moose, Mrs. Moose, and all the little Moose's too!

Someday I'll tell ya my story about a birthday Randall that Edna very cleverly obtained and kept from me for months, and the conspiring friends that helped make it so...

But, this is your day, so bask in the glory and enjoy it all! Besides, that really is one of the nicest lookin' Randall knives that I've ever seen...awesome, so very awesome!

Shel

p.s. Happy birthday dooood!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:37 PM
Steel Addict

Belated Happy Birthday

Belated Happy Birthday David

I wondered what all the smoke and flames were in the Eastern horizon a while ago. Now I know it was you birthday cake and the 4 alarm fire in Montreal!!!!

Seriously, belated birthday wishes and many more. Perhaps your wife could talk to my wife about a RMK for my birthday.

Rod

Old 08-31-2007, 10:41 PM
Steel Addict

Talking

Moosie,

Happy Birthday! What a Great Surprise! I Know that your New Randall will always be special to you!

Kent B. Warnberg

RKS #109
Old 09-02-2007, 08:43 AM

Thanks very much everybody for your best wishes which are very much appreciated.

I'm glad you all like the knife as much as I do!

Mrs. Moosehead was so thrilled to read your comments that her antlers turned bright pink!

Cheers!

David

Tags
blade, knife, knives