MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Trade Report

The Trade Report This forum is for posting comments on your transactions with Knife Network members. Good comments can go a long, long way ... and so can bad. This board will be tightly monitored. Please keep on topic.

Old 04-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Skilled

cumberlandknives.com=thieves

Not sure if this is the right forum or not.

Please let me first clarify that I am refering to cumberlandknives.com and NOT Cumberland Knife Works. There is absolutely no association between the two. Cumberland Knife Works is a reputable comapny to do business with.

On with the story.

In March, I purchased 8 Cub Scout knives for my sons Cub Scout Pack. I was asked to do a knife safety course for the little tykes so they could all earn their Whittling Badge. A big thing for 8 year olds. After the safety course, I presented each Scout with thier own knife. What a bunch of happy kids.

The knives were purchased through a company called cumberlandknives.com. After doing a search for this particular model knife, I found they had the best prices. I placed the order and the knives were sent without issues. All knives were in perfect working order. Great transaction with company, or so I thought.

Several weeks go by and I finally receive my bank statement. I notice several transactions from this same company, also known as Knife Country. At first I had thought that it was a simple honest mistake that the card had been charged again. I sent an email to customerservice@cumberlandknives.com to ask if they could look into the problem. No answer. I send another email asking again, no answer. Now I send them an email using another email address inquiring about purchasing an Emerson Commander. Wouldn't you know it, I had a reply in under an hour. I tried to call them at their toll free number but, it had been conveniently put out of service. Since that intial charge, he has since charged my card 4 additonal times for over $600. The card has since been cancelled and my bank will be recovering the money

Bill

Last edited by Bill Vining; 05-01-2006 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via Yahoo to hammerdownnow
Thanks for the heads up. Sorry that happened to you. Kudos on the Scout thing. You know how much that first knife can mean to a kid. One thing I try to watch out for is overly strong back springs on a slip joint. We love that walk and talk, but inexperienced hands can have mishaps. Case seconds mostly seem to be a little lazy, but otherwise sound. Asking about them from a dealer of your brand of choice can save money and some little finger meat.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Bill, when I saw the title of your post, I thought maybe somebody had swindled you out of one of your beautiful folders.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems, but I'm glad he didn't get some of your knives.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Skilled

Maybe it's time for a road trip. East coast style.

www.laurelrockforge.com

"Ain't nothing more useless than a dull knife or a short piece of rope"
Old 04-28-2006, 07:21 AM

I moved the thread to the 'Trade Report' forum. Good information here for others to judge.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 04-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Steel Addict

Bill, both those sites are "closed" right now. What kind of "research paper" are you doing?

You're right on, once again, Roc. I'm doing a piece of my own on this. You should see the ####### piece of trash my son got for his Cub Scout knife. I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with it. He sold $120 of Cub Scout popcorn to get it, too.

Tags
knife, knives