MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum

The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum The materials, techniques and the designing of folding knives.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:14 AM
Enthusiast

Sourcing Pivot Pins, Screws, etc.

I'm looking for sources of decorative pivot pins and screws. I've seen some on Jantz, but was wondering if there are other sources as well. Suggestions?

Old 08-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Guru

these guys sell really good stuff from pivot to pivot collars and even screw so much and he is great to deal with!

https://ticonnector.com/
Old 08-03-2018, 10:06 AM
Guru

Also alpha knife suppy there pivots are really big and bulky and plain looking but I find myself customize the pivot head my self for emaple you can put it in a hand held drill have the pivot head facing out push it on a angle and spin the drill on your platen the spinning of the drill makes sure it grinds the same all the way around if you leave it on 1 angle you get a bevel if you angle it in and out while it spins it makes it to a dome many ways to get creative with these

https://www.alphaknifesupply.com/shop/folder-pivots
Old 08-03-2018, 12:15 PM
Guru

I don't know if this company has decorative screws, but they carry a lot of hardware for folding knives and are the only place I know of where I can get 1/8" loveless screws.

http://www.jephcosupply.com/
Old 08-04-2018, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
TiConnector is the ONLY place to purchase folder hardware. The reason? Because all the others are made in China, and the tolerances will drive you nuts! I used the made in China for a long time, and EVERY folder I built was a battle....have to fiddle and fiddle with it to get everything "right".

When I finally started using the hardware from TiConnector, for a lack of a better way to say it, my folders just fell together, right, the first time, every time.

I've been the TiConnector shop many times, and EACH piece of hardware produced, is check/measured by hand, and they constantly shoot for a zero tolerance..... I would say that about only one out of every 3 pieces created ever make it to the "for sale" bin. If things are out of tolerance by 1/1000, it gets tossed into the trash bin.

By comparison, most of the made in China stuff is +/- five thousandths or more tolerance. Often times the heads of made in China screws are not concentric, and/or many other aspects that just make them "junk" compared to TiConnector hardware.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 08-04-2018, 05:36 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info, guys. Looks like TiConnector is a good place to work with and I pretty much takes Ed's and dtec's word for gospel!

Old 08-09-2018, 10:47 PM
Guru

Jephco supply is USA made.

I spoke to Jeff at Jephco supply and they make all of their own hardware including being the last American producer of 1/2 8-80 screws. They are the supplier for most of the US and only one screw they do not make and that's the screw for their Loveless screws, but they make the nut.

I use those and have had no problems with fitting. I wondered why they can produce many of the corbys and other hardware as inexpensive as they do, well that is all they do in high volume. Nobody makes 1/8" loveless screws nobody.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:11 AM

If you are looking for titanium parts, I have found that TI Connector has VERY high quality parts at reasonable prices and outstanding customer service.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:18 AM
Guru

HAHA my word as gospel? do any of you guys remember when I found this forum...I guess I have come a long way....

As ed said ti connecter not only do you get a very very good product but steve is a really good dude......however when I started making folders I used alpha because I got the titanium from them and kinda kill 2 birds with 1 stone thing....now with ti connector as far as I know already have a design on the head of the pivot so about 50% of the time I will use them the other 50% of the time I will use alpha for 1 main reason is they are big thick and bulky normally a bad thing but for me it on someknife I like to grind and maybe even slight file work on the heads of the pivots if your grinding just put it in a power drill and spoin the drill as you grind …..keeps everything nice and even looking....but I will admit I cannot make decoratored heads as nice as you will find on ti connector so its all what fits the job

Tags
a, angle, bevel, ca, drill, folder, folding, folding knives, for sale, hand, hardware, knife, knives, loveless, made, make, pins, pivot, pivots, screw, screws, sell, shop, supply, titanium