MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > Knives For Sale - Custom

Knives For Sale - Custom Custom Knives for Sale (All Styles). These knives are offered by the individual sellers.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:19 AM
Registered

WTS: One of a kind, beautiful hand-forged damascus steel Tanto knife

For sale is a stunning, one of a kind, hand forged Damascus steel Tanto knife. This knife was hand crafted by master sword smith, Kinzan David Goldberg of Gold Mountain Forge.

As I stated, the full-tang blade is crafted from Damascus steel (folded high and low carbon steel). It has a Rosewood sheath and handle, accented with fossilized sea cow bone on the fittings. The habaki (blade collar) is shibuichi (a cast mix of copper and silver, hand carved & tooled). The temper pattern is absolutely mesmerizing and truly a work of art. The blade glides into the sheath silently and smoothly. It has a very nice, light and even weight.

The overall length of the knife when sheathed is 9 3/4". The blade itself (from tip including habaki) is a hair over 5".

To be perfectly honest, I'm loath to part with it. I've had this knife for many years and absolutely treasure it, but times are tough at the moment, and I'd rather it go to the hands of someone who would genuinely appreciate a knife of this quality, work and design.

Kinzan Goldberg stated that a knife like this made by him today, though with more decorative features, would sell in the 2K+ range. If he made this exact knife again, it would probably sell for around $1500. I'm selling this knife for $700, OBO/negotiable. Shipping (FedEx or UPS) & insurance included. USPS money order only please.

Please click on the links below for pictures of this knife. Sadly, my camera phone simply does not capture the splendor of this knife or do it justice. If you are interested in discussing purchase, or you'd like a picture of a detail not seen here, please PM or email me.

Pictures:

Knife sheathed

Knife unsheathed

Closer look showing temper pattern

Detail of Habaki

Tang with forger's mark

Detail of tang and Habaki

Illuminated shot to show detail of the fold lines formed during forging (please zoom in to see it better)

Tags
art, blade, damascus, design, for sale, forged, forging, hand, handle, knife, made, mountain, pattern, sheath, steel, tang, tanto, temper