MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Business of Knife Making

The Business of Knife Making A forum dedicated to all aspects of running, managing and legal operational issues relating to the custom knife making and custom knife selling industry.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Administrator

What happened to the Les Robertson Forum?

To save time, I'll answer it here... (no more pm's or e-mails, please)

Short answer...
"It failed to inspire."

Long answer...
"365 days with no posts = who cares?"

Longer answer...
I've left the old posts up for historical reference. I've read them all and have concluded that there was virtually nothing of value in the commercial information.

Conclusion:
Some of you have decided that you want to make a living at this knife making business, and you're willing to put in the time to do it. Otherwise, you wouldn't be interested in reading this particular board. With this in mind, it would seem to me that you would want to listen to those that are making the most money at it. I know those folks. I know them personally and I know who is the real deal, and who is BS. (yes, this will be an adult board/conversation)

I've decided to make this board semi-private for those who are actively working to learn these ropes and who are spending the time and money to obtain the results. These are the types of people that I don't mind sharing the ropes with. Trust me, these are expensive lessons, and valuable insights. Like everything of value in this life, you will be required to "think", as opposed to "assume", when it comes to what you'll encounter here.

As many of you know, one of my company's is engaged in the business of supporting the online knife industry. With over 500 websites worth of experience in this industry, I'm in a unique position to lead this discussion. I don't do seminars, I don't write books and they've never asked me for a comment for a magazine article. But, I've seen every angle of the modern business of selling knives from ten different directions, and I can assure you that you'll spend 90% of your time listening to people that don't know ####, if you're not careful. There is "no" magic involved, just plain old "smart" work! If your?re willing to do it, I?ll teach you what to engage in.

Join me in this forum, and over time, and I'll show you how to really sell some knives, whether you make them, collect them or purely buy them for resale! I'll also show you how to make a living doing it, if you'll use what you'll learn!

We're not going to talk about dribble-drabble, or who's hot at the moment, etc. We're going to talk about the reality of this business, and how to survive and prosper at it, no matter what part of it that you're engaged in.

Over the last few years, I have been engaged in the role of bystander to these discussions. I was asked by some of our founding members to take a observer role, and to let the community run it?s own course. According to many, lite discussion was preferred to hardcore debate. The problem is, I don't like anything "lite".

If you read some of the archives, you?ll undoubtedly find some of the posts that reference what I?m referring to. However, something has come up recently that has changed this for me. As I look around, I note that many of our original members have spun off to new sites, given up the business, or have fallen into a rut of apathy for our community. The grand experiment is over.

Because of what I?ll be discussing here, we?re going to make this a password protected board in about 30 days. We?re going to do this because we only want to give this information out to our most active members. (ref Sun Tzu)

In the real world, your results will do your talking. When it comes to selling, "he who sells the most, knows the most about selling". On the web, ?he who knows the most, gets copied the most?.

Follow us here; and we'll prove that you can increase your business too, with some good advice and practical experience.

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC

Tags
knife, knife making, knives, teach