MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Business of Knife Making

The Business of Knife Making A forum dedicated to all aspects of running, managing and legal operational issues relating to the custom knife making and custom knife selling industry.

Old 10-04-2003, 10:04 AM

www.customknifeconsignment.com

Ok, it's almost time. We are shooting for a NLT of 15 October.

In answer to Coop's question about what types of knives.

While I thought the name was self-explanatory. Bob and I have been getting hit up to put other type knives on the web site.

Something more along the lines of the former consignment business....that went out of business.

Coop we are looking for any and all custom knives. We would prefer them to be mint. If they are not the condition will be listed.

Knives that will not be on the site (and this is where some of confusion arose).

Example: Chris Reeve at one time made custom knives. Those knives and his South Africa knives would be allowed. However, his knives from the last 5 years would not be.

Jerry Busee and Rob Simonich at one time made custom knives. However, neither does now. So their older custom knives would be allowed, but not the new knives.

Randall's....Are Not Custom Knives.

William Henry...Are Not Custom Knives.

Mid-Tech knives that are in fact "collaboration knives" will be allowed.

Example the Ken Onion and Rick Hinderer "Mid-Tech Boa" This was two custom knife makers working on one knife.

The question Bob and I get most often from factory buyers is "where are we supposed to sell out knives?"

One of the reasons this question comes up is. Other dealers who claim to be "custom knife dealers" sell factory knives. As such you can see why these potential sellers are confused.

So I came up with the answer to the above question.

Any factory knife you bought from Robertson's Custom Cutlery over the last 18 years. We will put on www.customknifeconsignment.com and take no fee for selling it.

So at this point we are now accepting knives.

Please email me if you would like more details.

www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com

Tags
knife, knives