MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Business of Knife Making

The Business of Knife Making A forum dedicated to all aspects of running, managing and legal operational issues relating to the custom knife making and custom knife selling industry.

Old 09-12-2001, 02:59 PM
Dana Acker

Les' "Custom Knives Buying Guide"

It was my privelege to meet and talk with Les at the Southeastern Custom Knife Show. While visiting his table, I purchased a copy of his book, "Custom Knives Buying Guide." Had I read it 5 years ago, my knifemaking career, I believe, would be at a very different place. In my opinion, knifemakers have as much, if not more, to learn from his book as do collectors and potential collectors. Knowing and applying the principles Les sets forth, can very well mean the difference between success or a failure in the knifemaking business. I whole heartedly recommend reading it, especially by new makers and makers who are really wanting to be players in a very competitive field. It contains all the things I wasn't taught when I was taught to make knives. He has done us quite a service.
Old 09-13-2001, 01:02 PM
Les Robertson

Hi Dana,

It was nice to meet and talk with you as well. I always enjoy meeting people face to face that I talk with on the different forums.

Im glad you liked the book and found it helpful.

Les

Old 09-13-2001, 01:30 PM
ansoknives

Hi Les...I too look forward to be getting your book. As you know I planned on having it sent with my order....you might want to send it to me now?...I am planning major changes in my buisness and need all the help I can get....your book would help alot.
Old 09-21-2001, 09:49 PM
Gary Mulkey

Les,

I hope that you bring some of your books to Spirit of Steel. I would like have a copy.

Gary Mulkey
Old 09-22-2001, 12:20 AM
Les Robertson

Hi Gary,

I plan on brining a dozen or so.

See you there.

Les
Old 10-01-2001, 12:33 PM
Coop747

Folks (and Les),

Upon Les' suggestion, I ordered his guide and have now read it cover to cover. It is small in size (4"x5") and reads quickly, BUT.....

It is CHOCK full of valuable insights and tips and 'rules' that represent the breadth of his experience and subsequent knowledge. I am ever grateful to have this as a resource to read and re-read. Of course much of what you will read will make sense and seem obvious, but therein lies the magic. A good writer will come across cleanly, and 'common sense' is never that common...

Click on his site for a copy or pick one up for yourself and a friend. It was well worth the price. Thanks!

Jim Cooper
Old 10-02-2001, 06:55 AM
Les Robertson

Hi Jim,

Thank you for that glowing review. You sure you're not a writer!

BTW...they make great stocking stuffers!

Les
Old 10-02-2001, 12:02 PM
edmoses

Les,

The book is very good - I learnt alot from my copy, but I can think of much better things to stuff in stockings....

LOL

Ed
Old 10-03-2001, 07:34 AM
blckbear

OK I give Les where can I pick up one of these books
Old 10-04-2001, 11:46 AM
Les Robertson

Hi Blckbear,

You can order one directly off of my web site.

www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Les

Tags
knife, knives