MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 08-02-2001, 09:04 PM
jimjimwolf

HI

Just found this site and wanted to say hi. I'm new to knife making. I have made a few fixed blades, and I'm working on my first folder now (a kit)
Old 08-02-2001, 09:23 PM
joe41272

Hello! I'm new, too, having just completed my first knife. Let me be the first to welcome you, and to let you know this is the best place I've found for finding information. It's a great place to visit.
Old 08-02-2001, 09:45 PM
primos

Hey Jim and Joe. Good to have you!

Joe, thanks for jumping in there and giving him a welcome. Looks like you're CKD material.

You guys may not get too many replies this time of night. Most of the old dogs have to get some sleep so they can hit the shop early in the morning. :

Old 08-02-2001, 11:54 PM
primos

Boy! Do I stand corrected. There were lots of folks up posting late tonight. What is it -- a holiday? Usually this place is dead after 10:00pm my time.

Old 08-03-2001, 02:32 AM
KandSKNIVES

Nice to have you new guys aboard. Come often and tell us about your knives or desire to make them. There is usually not a question that cannot get a answer here. Hey Terry, what do you mean, OLD DOGS grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ?
KEN (WWJD)
Old 08-03-2001, 04:23 AM
Don Cowles

Welcome, guys- I don't stay up late, but I do get up early! Glad to have you with us!
Old 08-03-2001, 05:02 AM
Bob Warner

Jim and Joe,

Since you guys are new at this, I recommend you go to the top of the page and click on the link for CKD Tutorials. There are years of experience typed out with pictures to make your learning go a heck of a lot faster than many of us. It is there to help, take advantage of the generously offered to you "FOR FREE."

Also, go to the makers forums and ask your questions, you will get a lot of experienced people answering your questions. Read what has already been posted first because there has already been a lot of information shared and asking repeat questions takes longer than just going through the stuff already out there. Definately read EVERYTHING in the Newbies forum.

Welcome Aboard.
Old 08-03-2001, 07:36 AM
Mike Conner

Welcome guys. Make yourself at home and join the fun.
Terry, Just because some of us OLD DOGS dont post after 10 doesn't mean we are asleep We may be taking care of more improtant things! NOT :
Later,
Mike
Old 08-03-2001, 11:12 AM
Little Hen Knives

Welcome guys! good to have ya!you guys will find this the best place on the net!.....PICS..PICS we love pics here!
Old 08-03-2001, 11:14 AM
primos

Mike said...
Quote:
Terry, Just because some of us OLD DOGS dont post after 10 doesn't mean we are asleep
: Good one!

By the way, when I say "old dogs", I'm not separating myself from the rest of the pack. I'm one of the old dogs too.
Old 08-04-2001, 08:06 AM
Terry Hearn

Comment

Welcome Jim and Joe, y'all make yourself at home.If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, someone will be glad to help out.
Old 08-09-2001, 06:34 PM
Fireball

welcome. new myself and working on my first knife. it is-- for someone of our tastes -- in good web material the best site on the net. i read the forum a long time before i joined.(just wasn't computer enough to get the ezboard thing going) i saw something on paltalk --- i went out and finally figured out how to use firetalk and then it went caput. haven't gotten pal talk yet but it sure is a neat thing to be able to actually "talk" to the best knife men in the world!!! you may have an interest there also. for me--i'm still trying to get the emoticons to show up when i post.
Old 08-10-2001, 04:14 AM
kvistads

Jim & Joe:

Welcome to this site. I'm not completely new to knife making but I'm not an "Old Dog" at it either! I have a lot to learn and this is a good place to learn it. You will find a mine full of information as well as some of the most hospitable folks around. Again welcome and good luck...

Sincerely,
Russell

Tags
knife, knife making, knives